Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kirstycobie
    • By kirstycobie 8th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    • 258Posts
    • 63Thanks
    kirstycobie
    Payment to quickquid
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    Payment to quickquid 8th Jan 18 at 6:08 PM
    Hi,

I rang quickquid on Friday to pay off a loan I have with them, they took the payment over the phone.

The money is still in my back account but on the loan account it says paid in full!

Any ideas why the payment is still there?

Thanks
Page 1
    • z1a
    • By z1a 8th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 1,362 Posts
    • 1,303 Thanks
    z1a
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    I would think that it's pending, may show on balance, but wouldn't be available to withdraw.
    • kirstycobie
    • By kirstycobie 8th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    kirstycobie
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    Hi,

I transferred it to another account then back in again so the money is definitely still there!
    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 8th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    lewishardwick
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    If it's a debit card payment it could take days to 'clear'. This is one of my main frustrations south online banking. The only time the back seems take money quickly is when it benefits them!
    • Windofchange
    • By Windofchange 8th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 716 Posts
    • 828 Thanks
    Windofchange
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    In my online banking there is a link I can click on that shows me transactions that are pending. I am with HSBC. You might have similar?
    Debt Free by Xmas 2018 21.51% (£350) of £1,626.91
    Save £6k by 31/12/2018 £2263 / £6000
    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 8th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    lewishardwick
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    I do. But at a quick glance my balance doesn't get updated until the transaction finally clears.

In this day and age of 24/7 banking (which is a lie) money transfers/transactions can be instant.

But that would mean banks lose hold of that limbo money.
    • kirstycobie
    • By kirstycobie 8th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    kirstycobie
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    Hi,

Yes I have pending option to click on with my bank but itís not even pending.

I thought this payment would of came out by now though, as it was 4 days ago now.

Has anyone had similar happen from quickquid?

Thanks
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 8th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    • 3,239 Posts
    • 1,697 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    Hi,

I rang on Friday to pay off a loan I have with them, they took the payment over the phone.

The money is still in my back account but on the loan account it says paid in full!

Any ideas why the payment is still there?

Thanks
    Originally posted by kirstycobie
    Hi,

I transferred it to another account then back in again so the money is definitely still there!
    I remember paying one of a comparable lender over the phone once on a Friday afternoon of last year and I'm sure I couldn't see it appearing on my bank screen immediately and did take a good few days to show but I didn't try what you've done to be honest so maybe you should look for confirmation from either bank or lender if not showing around Wednesday.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 8th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 1,815 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    I'd make sure the money is available to avoid bank charges etc if it is taken at a later stage or extra charges from quick scam if its not there for them. I used my debit card on 1st Jan to buy something but the money wasn't taken out until the 6th Jan. I mistakenly thought it had been and found myself overdrawn!
    • Sparx
    • By Sparx 8th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    Sparx
    Did they definitely say payment would be taken by debit card? Did you provide your full card details on that call and was given an authorisation code or payment reference?

Or did they possibly say it would be taken via Direct Debit in a few days?
    • kirstycobie
    • By kirstycobie 8th Jan 18, 9:26 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    kirstycobie
    Hi,

Yes, I give my debit card number and the 3 numbers from back and valid to date, thatís why I canít understand why the money is still in, it should have came out straight away or at least been in the pending section on my banking app

Thanks
    • Arleen
    • By Arleen 8th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    Arleen
    Hi,

Yes, I give my debit card number and the 3 numbers from back and valid to date, thatís why I canít understand why the money is still in, it should have came out straight away or at least been in the pending section on my banking app

Thanks
    That depends on your bank and the app they provide you with. You may very well double spend when mixing debit cards and transactions and wake up to all sort of fees.
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 9th Jan 18, 5:28 AM
    • 7,328 Posts
    • 6,616 Thanks
    Herzlos
    Hi,

Thanks
    They might have authorised it but not taken the payment yet or its still processing. Give it a couple of working days to come out.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Jan 18, 6:20 AM
    • 27,218 Posts
    • 10,964 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    I have bought items from ASDA at the weekend using my debit card and it can take several days for the money to come out of my account.

Thursday was the longest, but Tues/Weds happens fairly often.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • kirstycobie
    • By kirstycobie 9th Jan 18, 9:22 AM
    • 258 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    kirstycobie
    Iíve just re-read the email I received on Friday to confirm the account is paid off, it states:

*Pending acceptance of payment(s) from your financial institution

Obviously it means for Barclays to accept the payment to go through, surly this should have been done by now though, the money is still available in my account this morning.

Thanks
    • Arleen
    • By Arleen 9th Jan 18, 10:05 AM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    Arleen
    What exactly is the problem? You know how much money is coming out, stop spending it. Pretty simple.
    • kirstycobie
    • By kirstycobie 9th Jan 18, 10:12 AM
    • 258 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    kirstycobie
    There is no problem, I just wanted to know if anyone had any comments or if they have had this happen to them as payment usually comes straight out of my account

Obviously you donít have any experience of this so no need for your unhelpful comment
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,365Posts Today

7,397Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin