Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Juju1987
    • By Juju1987 8th Jan 18, 5:39 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Juju1987
    Advice needed on accident that was not my fault
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:39 PM
    Advice needed on accident that was not my fault 8th Jan 18 at 5:39 PM
    Hello,

So today as I was exiting a round about a van driver stuck the front of his van out (from the right lane that was full of traffic) without putting a signal. He scratched the whole back passenger side. He was driving a company vehicle.
    The accident is not my fault but I donít want to claim on my insurance as I do not want to lose my no claim bonus and the minimum I have to pay as agreed on my policy would be £450 so more expensive that fixing it myself.
    The driverís company is calling me back tomorrow and are saying that claiming wonít affect my no claim bonus as itís not my fault but I donít think itís true. I donít want to call my insurance as Iíve seen on a post on here that they will record the incident anyway and that it will affect future premium.
    Iím a bit lost about what to do and would appreciate some help.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Page 2
    • Juju1987
    • By Juju1987 8th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Juju1987
    Elsien i think you posted on the wrong post
    • Juju1987
    • By Juju1987 8th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Juju1987
    Ok so I!!!8217;ve called my insurance and they told me that my NCB would not be affected.
    They offered to use Auxillis which is a non-fault repair service. They said that they will fix my car and claim the money back from the other driver!!!8217;s insurance. I!!!8217;ll obviously wait to see if they accept liability first given that otherwise Auxillis will claim on my policy... anyone had experience with this service?
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 8th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 8,625 Thanks
    arcon5
    Ok so Iíve called my insurance and they told me that my NCB would not be affected.
    They offered to use Auxillis which is a non-fault repair service. They said that they will fix my car and claim the money back from the other driverís insurance. Iíll obviously wait to see if they accept liability first given that otherwise Auxillis will claim on my policy... anyone had experience with this service?
    Originally posted by Juju1987
    Wait to see what the third party says first. Sometimes they are more forthcoming with the prospect of avoiding management company fees.
    • Juju1987
    • By Juju1987 8th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Juju1987
    Thanks Arcon.
    Will definitely see what they say.
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 8th Jan 18, 8:03 PM
    • 3,152 Posts
    • 2,034 Thanks
    Ectophile
    Ok so Iíve called my insurance and they told me that my NCB would not be affected.
    They offered to use Auxillis which is a non-fault repair service. They said that they will fix my car and claim the money back from the other driverís insurance. Iíll obviously wait to see if they accept liability first given that otherwise Auxillis will claim on my policy... anyone had experience with this service?
    Originally posted by Juju1987
    These companies often charge ridiculously high prices for the work they do, in the hope that they can fleece the other person's insurance company.

Read the contract carefully before you sign anything. Watch out for any nasty clauses that make you liable for the costs if the other party's insurers refuse to pay.

Also be aware that sometimes the other party's insurer will refuse to pay if they think the costs are excessive. It doesn't happen often, but if it does, you could find yourself stuck in a long drawn-out court case - and see my first comment.

As arcon5 says, the other insurance company may be willing to do all the work at their expense, just to keep the claims management company out of it.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • Juju1987
    • By Juju1987 8th Jan 18, 8:32 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Juju1987
    Yes I have just read horror stories about this Auxillis company !!!55357;!!!56878;!!!55357;!!!56853;
    Will wait and see what the other insurance company says...
    Thank you to everyone who replied and helped !!!
  • Auxillis
    Hi Juju,

We would like to clarify some points regarding our service.

All our non-fault customers are provided with a free Credit Protection policy which ensures that the cost of any hire vehicle, vehicle repairs or legal costs are covered in the unlikely event the third party insurer does not settle. As you would expect, where a customer has been untruthful or does not assist in the recovery, cover is suspended.

In a non-fault accident, all costs for our services are reclaimed from the third party insurer and we have agreements in place with around 80% of motor insurers, where the hire charges are settled at pre-agreed rates.

If you have any further questions please email onlineteam@auxillis.com and we will arrange for you to be contacted directly.

Kind Regards,

Auxillis Online Team
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Auxillis. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 35,922 Posts
    • 20,196 Thanks
    Quentin
    Definitely satisfy yourself you are happy to become a client of auxillis before agreeing to go with them.

Check out the feedback they have now online and under their previous trading name of Albany assist.

(You will probably work out why they wanted to have a different name!)
    • Jakg
    • By Jakg 11th Jan 18, 11:49 AM
    • 2,149 Posts
    • 981 Thanks
    Jakg
    Had this scenario with a renewal, where I'd already paid.

Adrian Flux called me a week later when the new policy started, said they'd "just found out" about the incident (when I told them on the day) and said I either had to pay double the premium or have the policy cancelled there and then.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 11th Jan 18, 12:49 PM
    • 4,399 Posts
    • 4,434 Thanks
    DoaM
    Adrian Flux called me a week later when the new policy started, said they'd "just found out" about the incident (when I told them on the day) and said I either had to pay double the premium or have the policy cancelled there and then.
    Originally posted by Jakg
    So did you ask them why they hadn't read your notification of the incident? Did you ask them if they were in the habit of ignoring incident notifications when quoting for insurance renewals?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Jakg
    • By Jakg 11th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 2,149 Posts
    • 981 Thanks
    Jakg
    So did you ask them why they hadn't read your notification of the incident? Did you ask them if they were in the habit of ignoring incident notifications when quoting for insurance renewals?
    Originally posted by DoaM
    The incident was after I'd agreed to (and paid for) the renewal, but before the new policy actually started.

I did express my displeasure they'd waited a week to find this out, however, and left me stuck at work with no car insurance to drive home...
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

688Posts Today

6,190Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin