Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lumos28
    • By Lumos28 8th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Lumos28
    Car insurance renewal query
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    Car insurance renewal query 8th Jan 18 at 5:31 PM
    Hi all

I have almost completed my first year of driving...and I am a little confused with my renewal details.

I want to change insurer (currently have a black box and the time restrictions are inconvenient for me).

My insurance expires on 6th Feb. Iím looking to find a new deal within the next week or so, so that I can better manage my finances in advance and know that itís sorted.

My question is: can I say I have one years no claims discount? Obviously I wonít have NCD officially until 6th February but will have one year NCD by the time my new insurance starts (providing that I donít have any accidents of course).

Can I say I have 1 year NCD when I fill out the forms now? Iím confused so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Nobbie1967
    • By Nobbie1967 8th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 756 Posts
    • 844 Thanks
    Nobbie1967
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    Yes, just put the date you want the insurance to start in the form.
    • pramsay13
    • By pramsay13 8th Jan 18, 5:56 PM
    • 392 Posts
    • 843 Thanks
    pramsay13
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:56 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:56 PM
    You would simply arrange insurance cover to start on 6th Feb (just double check when your current insurance expires as some are midday and some are midnight)
    At that point you would have 1 year NCD.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,811Posts Today

7,041Users online

Martin's Twitter