Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • farrahr
    • By farrahr 8th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    farrahr
    Some Advice Please
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    Some Advice Please 8th Jan 18 at 5:31 PM
    I had a DIP with HSBC, put in a full application on the 5/1.

But they have come back wanting more info...
    I am self employed and provided SA302 for the last 3 tax years (haven't completed this years) they are requesting this years?

Is this usual? even though the deadline is close they aren't actually due. Why question it now. Anyone have experience of dealing with HSBC?
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 8th Jan 18, 5:51 PM
    • 33,575 Posts
    • 18,212 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:51 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:51 PM
    An SA302 for 15/16 is now well over 18 months old, was acceptable as latest year until 5 October 2017 and 'latest year' is 16/17 for that reason.

Because you choose to leave it until the last minute to file/pay for the latest year doesn't mean a lender is being unreasonable asking for it.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 8th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 58,975 Posts
    • 52,299 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    The filing deadline is irrelevant. You've had since the 6th April 2017 to submit your return. The lender purely wishes to over view your most recent financial data. A reluctance to disclose will simply raise the thought in the lenders mind that you've something to hide. Given you wish to borrow a sizable amount of money. Getting your affairs in order prior to making an application is extremely important.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • farrahr
    • By farrahr 8th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    farrahr
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    Ok...thanks
    • creditscoremeansnothing
    • By creditscoremeansnothing 8th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    creditscoremeansnothing
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    Don't want to wee an ya chips op but if you are looking for a quick decision then don't use Hsbc.

I put an application in mid October and sent all docs in within the week and i kid you not i have still not got a decision. Every time a rang it was an Indian call centre and they just said they was busy and can't tell me when an answer will be. I got the feeling it was going to take ages so applied with Skipton, got the mortgage offer within about 10 days.

I tried to cancel the Hsbc app online and could not as it said it was with underwriters, so i called and they said the same. I am still waiting for answer so i can tell them to stick it. Hsbc is also my main bank account and has substantial savings in, i will be switching when i complete.

Good luck with yours though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,650Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin