Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Taylorbird
    • By Taylorbird 8th Jan 18, 4:55 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Taylorbird
    Milton Keynes Food Court Parking Fine
    • 8th Jan 18, 4:55 PM
    Milton Keynes Food Court Parking Fine 8th Jan 18 at 4:55 PM
    Sorry for new thread but I am struggling to find an answer to my issue provided in the information. Could easily be me being stupid so again apologies.

I think I have an understanding on how to appeal but what I want to know is can the driver still appeal if it has been over 2 months? Basically I have received two demand for payments letters from DRP for 26/10/17 and 6/11/17 at Milton Keynes Food Centre for parking charges, asking for £320 in total! The driver is unsure whether they did stay longer than the 3 hour free period but the problem is that we have not received any notification from Smart Parking Ltd, therefore no opportunity to potentially pay the £60 each. This could be because of moving house, therefore change of address had not been updated at time of parking charge dates. So in this instance, does the driver still try to make an appeal and who to?

Many thanks
Page 2
    • Taylorbird
    • By Taylorbird 10th Jan 18, 4:21 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Taylorbird
    The signs do not appear to have been changed. The terms and conditions notice make no references to 3 hours. I have taken pictures of all signs.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 7,667 Posts
    • 7,374 Thanks
    KeithP
    Then you will be relying on this sentence:

...from this sign: http://tinypic.com/m/jrxhzb/3

As that particular sign, which is the "parking contract", does not mention the three hour time limit, you are home and dry.
    Last edited by KeithP; 10-01-2018 at 7:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    • Taylorbird
    • By Taylorbird 2nd Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Taylorbird
    So just wanted to keep you updated and let you know that both fines have been cancelled by Smart Parking. Thanks for everyone who helped.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 2nd Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 10,477 Posts
    • 9,782 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Let's put Central Milton Keynes in perspective as far as parking goes. The Food Centre car park as well as a number of nearby parking spaces are free for 3 hours - used to be 2 hours.

All around are paid for parking spaces where you can buy longer time if you need it at premium and standard rates.

There are other non-council parking areas where parking is also chargeable and it is often confusing to new visitors which payment meters apply to which area.

Permits are available for residents, car-sharers and electric vehicles, plus season tickets.

But how many large towns give free parking right bang up to the shopping area and free after 6.00 p.m.?

No, I think MK visitors and motorists are well served by the council and it's not really difficult to keep your ete on the time or set an alarm on your smart phone.

The PPC charges are out of line, I agree and if they can't produce signs that are of "contractable" standard, they deserve all they get (and that isn't penalty charges).

As a resident, I do appreciate the way the council are working with motorists and businesses. They are encouraging cars into the city not as many other councils are doing. And MK has more electric vehicle charge points than any other town (except the big cities) than any other UK town. Electric vehicles can park in any standard parking area free all day if they apply for a free Green permit.

So what I am saying in a nutshell is my sympathies are with motorists who get punitive PPC parking charges, but frankly it;s usually their own fault ( except for the areas where the parking meter areas are not too clear)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,063Posts Today

7,828Users online

Martin's Twitter