Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 8th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    • 1,241Posts
    • 1,293Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    Celebrity Big Brother 2018
    • 8th Jan 18, 4:45 PM
    Celebrity Big Brother 2018 8th Jan 18 at 4:45 PM
    Are you watching?

At least i recognise 5 of the names this time : Amanda, Anne, Rachel, Wayne, and John.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-contestants-celebrity-big-brother-11765998

Courtney Act

Shane Lynch

Maggie Oliver

Dapper Laughs

Andrew Brady

Amanda Barrie (Actress)

Jess Impiazzi

Ann Widdecombe (Ex Tory MP)

John Barnes (Ex Footballer)

Malika Haqq

Rachel Johnson (Boris Johnson sister)

Ashley James

Jonny Mitchell

Wayne Sleep (Ballet dancer)

India Willougby

Ginuwine
Page 1
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 10th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    Nobody is watching, then?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 10th Jan 18, 6:14 PM
    • 27,872 Posts
    • 15,163 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:14 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:14 PM
    Nobody is watching, then?
    Originally posted by Stuffed Turkey
    The line up is the worst it has ever been. How does a cop who was on the news once qualify as a celebrity? I watch the spin off show but not the main one.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 11th Jan 18, 7:03 AM
    • 4,076 Posts
    • 8,461 Thanks
    uberalles
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:03 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:03 AM
    The line up is the worst it has ever been. How does a cop who was on the news once qualify as a celebrity? I watch the spin off show but not the main one.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I agree, I dip in and out, therefore I rarely understand anything about any of them and don't really wish to find out.

Although John Barnes is known, is entertaining and sensible. The black woman from America is lovely, no idea who she is.

Ann Widdecombe is fantastic, a breath of fresh air, an elder statesperson with a vast array of knowledge and sense. I think that completes the list of those I know.

I find myself fast forwarding when that bloke from the North East, who wants to be a woman, starts on his self-pity tirades. However he has just shown his true colours by declaring, I paraphrase, "people have done very well in the house by creating an atmosphere, some controversy". Is it a North East thing?
    Last edited by uberalles; 11-01-2018 at 7:36 AM.
    • AubreyMac
    • By AubreyMac 11th Jan 18, 9:59 AM
    • 1,397 Posts
    • 3,132 Thanks
    AubreyMac
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:59 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:59 AM
    I'm watching this as I love it - it's my guilty pleasure.

Each year the 'celebrity' line up gets worse. Lately it's just been full of reality stars but it's gone even more into decline by involving vloggers as 'celebrities'.

So far I'm loving ShaneJ/Courtney and Ann Widdecombe. I don't understand why people ask Ann directly for her opinion on things only to then get upset when she gives it!
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 11th Jan 18, 10:14 AM
    • 5,770 Posts
    • 18,998 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:14 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:14 AM
    No I don't watch it ... and these are the only "Celebrities" I have heard of.

Shane Lynch
    Ann Widdecombe (Ex Tory MP)
    John Barnes (Ex Footballer)
    Wayne Sleep (Ballet dancer)
    ďTime is intended to be spent, not savedĒ - Alfred Wainwright

Costa Rica & England in the MSE World Cup Sweepstake
    • AylesburyDuck
    • By AylesburyDuck 11th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 1,832 Thanks
    AylesburyDuck
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    Shane/Courtney to win, what an absolutely lovely human being.
    really enjoying this season better than the last which lost my interest.
    India out, plays the victim card too much and has a vile attitude.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 11th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    Get India Willougby out!
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 11th Jan 18, 4:51 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 4,656 Thanks
    ploppy57
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:51 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:51 PM
    I have been watching a few episodes...India is awful and needs to go...Love Courtney/Shane, such a lovely attitude and compassion. intelligent conversation and also looks amazing.
    DMP March '15 £57,549. Now £44,226. 23% paid. Went SM Feb '18 to get DF sooner.
    Emergency fund #231... £1000.
    Christmas '18 challenge... £22 /£300
    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the end of every day"
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 27,872 Posts
    • 15,163 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I agree, I dip in and out, therefore I rarely understand anything about any of them and don't really wish to find out.

Although John Barnes is known, is entertaining and sensible. The black woman from America is lovely, no idea who she is.

Ann Widdecombe is fantastic, a breath of fresh air, an elder statesperson with a vast array of knowledge and sense. I think that completes the list of those I know.

I find myself fast forwarding when that bloke from the North East, who wants to be a woman, starts on his self-pity tirades. However he has just shown his true colours by declaring, I paraphrase, "people have done very well in the house by creating an atmosphere, some controversy". Is it a North East thing?
    Originally posted by uberalles
    There is always some who barely qualify as a Celebrity but there just isnt enough actual celebrities in this series. The black woman from america is a friend of a kardashian. This is what i mean by barely qualifying. I believe the self pitying person(india) has had the operation to change sex and i thought they were from the north west not north east, perhaps i am wrong.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    • 27,872 Posts
    • 15,163 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Get India Willougby out!
    Originally posted by Stuffed Turkey
    No chance, its vote to save. This allows big characters to stay even if disliked.
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 11th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 12,451 Posts
    • 40,105 Thanks
    Nelski
    I'm watching this as I love it - it's my guilty pleasure.
    Originally posted by AubreyMac
    Mine too. Love Shane J, Ann, John B and Amanda (although shes very much in the background after the hideous India had a go at her.

India needs to realise that everyones dislike of her is nothing to do with being a transsexual and everything to do with her poor me attitude
    • AylesburyDuck
    • By AylesburyDuck 12th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    • 780 Posts
    • 1,832 Thanks
    AylesburyDuck
    No chance, its vote to save. This allows big characters to stay even if disliked.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Totally disagree, vile people shouldnt be allowed to get away with behaviour like this.
    No wonder this country in the state it is when bad behaviour is seen as rewarded because its entertaining.
    India out, and i hope the door slams her !!!! on the way out.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 12th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    It makes a nice change for everybody to be getting on so well.

It's just that India who is the 'fly in the ointment'.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Jan 18, 6:02 PM
    • 27,872 Posts
    • 15,163 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Totally disagree, vile people shouldnt be allowed to get away with behaviour like this.
    No wonder this country in the state it is when bad behaviour is seen as rewarded because its entertaining.
    India out, and i hope the door slams her !!!! on the way out.
    Originally posted by AylesburyDuck
    It wasnt an opinion on who i think should stay. It was stating the facts. Vote to save gives unpopular characters a chance to survive and they have done on many occasions. If it were vote to evict she would be gone for sure. The bloke she is up against is not popular enough to get more votes than a big character.
    They obviously changed to vote to save because in the past big characters were getting voted out early which often resulted in a less entertaining series.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th Jan 18, 10:11 PM
    • 10,602 Posts
    • 20,095 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    India is from Carlisle I believe so more north west. She proper gets on my nerves
    Last edited by Mrs_Ryan; 12-01-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Weight lost so far- 3 stone 3lb
    I Am Green And White Miss you JV and TW!
    Elle
    • squiggles
    • By squiggles 12th Jan 18, 10:26 PM
    • 1,291 Posts
    • 2,457 Thanks
    squiggles
    I watched this the other night as people at work were well in to it. The only person I knew was Ann W and that wifey out of one of the soaps, I'm unable to remember her name or which soap.

I was wrong on my guess to which woman was the transgender as I picked out the blonde woman who I now know is Boris Johnson's sister.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 13th Jan 18, 6:54 AM
    • 4,076 Posts
    • 8,461 Thanks
    uberalles
    India is from Carlisle I believe so more north west. She proper gets on my nerves
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    Possibly, for which I apologise to the North East'ers. I read they were based in Newcastle, perhaps that is why I thought the accent was NE. I'd be happy to see where the Carlisle bit comes from.

Unfortunately they did not get enough attention for somebody to want to write an info page about them, such as wikipaedia.

That said, there must be stark differences in accents up there of which only the locals will be able to differentiate.

Perhaps I was close but not close enough
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jan 18, 10:03 AM
    • 7,555 Posts
    • 16,777 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    India 'I'm a real woman' Willoughby doesn't do transgenders any great favours. The 'acceptance' she is looking for works both ways and only comes when she recognises that dinosaurs like me will always see her as being born a male. I can't change that.
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 13th Jan 18, 10:27 PM
    • 10,602 Posts
    • 20,095 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Possibly, for which I apologise to the North East'ers. I read they were based in Newcastle, perhaps that is why I thought the accent was NE. I'd be happy to see where the Carlisle bit comes from.

Unfortunately they did not get enough attention for somebody to want to write an info page about them, such as wikipaedia.

That said, there must be stark differences in accents up there of which only the locals will be able to differentiate.

Perhaps I was close but not close enough
    Originally posted by uberalles
    Iím from Newcastle but lived in Carlisle for a while. Her accent I would say isnít that distinct- she was I believe based in Newcastle for some time and I can hear the odd trace in her voice, quite feasible that she picked it up while she was there. The Carlisle and Newcastle accent are very different yes.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Weight lost so far- 3 stone 3lb
    I Am Green And White Miss you JV and TW!
    Elle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,658Posts Today

9,394Users online

Martin's Twitter