Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sleepysocks
    • By sleepysocks 8th Jan 18, 3:25 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 440Thanks
    sleepysocks
    Going paperless - but what tax stuff do I need to keep?
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:25 PM
    Going paperless - but what tax stuff do I need to keep? 8th Jan 18 at 3:25 PM
    Hi all,

My 2018 goal is to get the house in order and drowning in paper clutter needs to stop!

I have decided to go paperless and although I am being ruthless with it, I do realise and accept that there are some things that need keeping - such as birth certificates etc.

I have accumulated a lot of the following...of these - which do I need to keep, scan a copy of (and shred the original), or can I throw away?

- Tax code notices from previous years
    - P60s from previous years
    - P45s from previous jobs
    - Paper payslips from previous jobs

I would super appreciate any insight and direction. Thank you in advance
Page 1
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 8th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 3,694 Posts
    • 9,156 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    I keep the P60s and not much else once I'm happy that my payslip totals match my P60 totals and ditch the P45 once I'm happy that the figure has been quoted correctly on the P60.

Payslips from previous jobs have been shredded once I'm happy that they match the P45 totals.

Those that I keep I scan and keep the copy on a memory stick
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,954Posts Today

8,472Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin