Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gold Anaconda
    • By Gold Anaconda 8th Jan 18, 2:26 PM
    • 77Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Gold Anaconda
    only source of income from property
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:26 PM
    only source of income from property 8th Jan 18 at 2:26 PM
    If your only source of income is from a property, are you classified as self-employed or not self-employed for tax purposes?

I have had conflicting answers.

I am a landlord.
Page 2
    • Suarez
    • By Suarez 10th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 613 Thanks
    Suarez
    It's quite simple. If you have property giving you rental income alongside a job then fill out the property pages.

If you are doing it as your main source of income it's classed as your business so fill out the self-employed pages.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,594Posts Today

8,308Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin