Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamilamirat
    • By jamilamirat 8th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jamilamirat
    Changing banks
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    Changing banks 8th Jan 18 at 12:53 PM
    Hi i currently have a 1500 over draft which i am being charged a fortune every day and then monthly from lloyds. When i get paid i will come out of the overdraft but would like to then switch to a bank with a 1000/1500 overdraft with cheaper daily/monthly fees. Can anyone help or point me to the rightbank to speak too.
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 8th Jan 18, 6:10 PM
    • 24,879 Posts
    • 12,069 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:10 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:10 PM
    Have you spoken to Lloyds to see if they can help you with the charges?
    Otherwise IMO all banks will charge you for overdrafts - the only way to stop them is to pay it off?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 8th Jan 18, 6:58 PM
    • 30,157 Posts
    • 18,015 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:58 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:58 PM
    Can anyone help or point me to the rightbank to speak too.
    Originally posted by jamilamirat
    Nationwide offer a 12 month 0% overdraft facility on their FlexDirect account...subject to status of course!

However, DO NOT initiate a switch until, and unless, you're offered a facility which at least matches that of Lloyds.

If you do choose Nationwide, and have a friend or family member with an account there, then you'll each get 100 if they refer you. Don't spend it!...use it to lower the overdraft!

Could you turn things around in 12 months? If not, you have much bigger things to worry about!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

6,525Users online

Martin's Twitter