Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JonesLee
    • By JonesLee 8th Jan 18, 12:25 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 2Thanks
    JonesLee
    Britannia Parking, to late to use MSE?
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:25 PM
    Britannia Parking, to late to use MSE? 8th Jan 18 at 12:25 PM
    Hi, after reading the sticky i noticed that it states never tell them who was driving the vehicle, or give them any information. Before coming to MSE i sent an appeal to Britannia Parking, which on their website you have to input your details, in which it states i was driving the vehicle.

With it being an honest mistake and i wanted to be very honest about the situation have i dug my hole to deep that i cant get out of this parking ticket?

In a nut shell i drove from Manchester to Chelmsford, due to delays it took me approximately 6 hours to get to the Travel Lodge hotel, when i drove into the car park it was dark, i was tired and i did'nt notice the parking meter was this high tech camera operated that takes pictures when you enter and leave. When i go to reception i asked staff if i could need to get a ticket with it being midnight, its off peak and i would'nt expect any parking wardens to be walking around. Staff said no, but to get one in the morning. Which is what i did as soon as i got up.

I complained to Travel Lodge who apologised and said if i pay the parking charge they will refund me as staff should have told me to get a ticket. They said the parking is privately owned and they arn't very good when it comes to appeals. They were great.

Should i just pay them and get the refund. Or stick to my guns and not pay?
    Reason i ask is Britannia Parking have my personal details i provided on their website when i appealed.

The reply looked automated, had pictures of their signs on a nice sunny day (wasn't that sunny at midnight).

Thanks
    Lee
Page 2
    • JonesLee
    • By JonesLee 5th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    JonesLee
    Important, Do Not Ignore This Letter?
    Hi guys, with the help of this website i have kept my cool and not gone into a blind panic (so thank you for your help)
    I have received this letter from SCS Law;

We write further to our previous letter Before Claim sent to you dated 27th April 2018

As no agreement has been reached between the parties, our client, Britania Parking Group Ltd, has instructed us to issue count court proceedings to recover the unpaid packing charge notice after 14 days from the date of this letter.

Please treat this letter as the required notice pursuant to paragraph 8.2 of the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims

For details on how we use your personal data, please see our privacy Notice which is located at --------

Yours sincerely
    SCS Law

Should i still ignore?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,603 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If you like.

Wait for a claim, and spend the time reading the NEWBIES thread, in readiness.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Castle
    • By Castle 5th Jul 18, 5:28 PM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 2,472 Thanks
    Castle
    Whilst waiting for the claim, send Britannia Parking Group Ltd, Zenith and SCS Law a SAR.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    • 18,352 Posts
    • 29,039 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Whilst waiting for the claim, send Britannia Parking Group Ltd, Zenith and SCS Law a SAR.
    Originally posted by Castle
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • JonesLee
    • By JonesLee 10th Jul 18, 12:21 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    JonesLee
    Great, thank you. I'll get these typed up and post them out. Will keep you posted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,066Posts Today

8,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin