Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cottlad
    • By cottlad 8th Jan 18, 12:02 PM
    • 84Posts
    • 22Thanks
    cottlad
    Car Insurance Address Change Discrepency
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:02 PM
    Car Insurance Address Change Discrepency 8th Jan 18 at 12:02 PM
    Hate some of these companies!! Got you by the short n curlies.

We just moved house to nicer neighborhood with off street parking as opposed to on street at previous address. We have 2 vehicles with similar premiums.
    1. Tesco - Yes change details online. No admin charge for this. We owe you 12.50 as you now have off street parking. TYVM!

2. AA - you can't do this online so I have to literally type 3 lines into this computer for which I will charge you 12.50. In addition, because the address is different it's coming up as an extra 20 on the premium so you owe us 32.50 immediately!

That's a 45 difference just for altering address details! Is this worth pursuing r should I just suck it up and cancel my AA breakdown and insurance policies at term end?
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Jan 18, 1:24 AM
    • 27,223 Posts
    • 10,968 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:24 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:24 AM
    Persue it as much as you like those are the charges. Quite reasonable ones
    compared to a lot of posts on here.

You could go elsewhere when the policy ends but they maybe the cheapest...
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 9th Jan 18, 9:05 AM
    • 1,944 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    tykesi
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:05 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:05 AM
    That's a 45 difference just for altering address details! Is this worth pursuing r should I just suck it up and cancel my AA breakdown and insurance policies at term end?
    Originally posted by cottlad
    Seems odd you're getting mad at charges you agreed to when you took the policy out. If you didn't want to get charged why did you go with AA in the first place?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,074Posts Today

5,568Users online

Martin's Twitter