Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tonky65
    • By tonky65 8th Jan 18, 10:24 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tonky65
    Help to Buy 2030 deadline
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:24 AM
    Help to Buy 2030 deadline 8th Jan 18 at 10:24 AM
    Hi
    What if I haven't found a house by the 2030 deadline? Do I miss out on the whole bonus? If so, should I transfer the balance over to a LISA at the rate of 4,000 a year until my Help to Buy ISA is emptied? Many thanks!
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 9th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 2,594 Posts
    • 1,974 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    Hard to say what the rules will be in future by under current rules yes there is a deadline to claim your bonus as part of a property purchase. If you are really that far away from purchasing a property then a S&S LISA might be more appropriate anyway.

If you act quickly you can transfer your whole HTB ISA across to a LISA. If you don't then yes your HTB ISA is on a roadmap to being a legacy time limited product.
    Last edited by Alexland; 09-01-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,935Users online

Martin's Twitter