Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leitmotif
    • By leitmotif 8th Jan 18, 9:58 AM
    • 293Posts
    • 154Thanks
    leitmotif
    Plusnet cashback
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:58 AM
    Plusnet cashback 8th Jan 18 at 9:58 AM
    Plusnet currently have some deals on, expiring tomorrow. For example, 29.99/month for their fastest unlimited fibre package. Topcashback states that you can get 95 cashback if you go through them. Taking into account the 10 Plusnet sign-up fee, that amount of cashback still produces a very attractive monthly cost when it's averaged out over the 12-month contract. However, it says on Topcashback that 'cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page'. Would this mean that if signing up for Plusnet today, cashback wouldn't be paid because they've got a 'sale' on for the next 24 hours?
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    When I joined PlusNet, they were offering 45(?) in the form of a cheque and the TCB offer was a few pounds less. Plusnet told me that it was a case of taking one offer or the other (TCB didn't mention the cheque), so I opted for the cheque, which was delivered very quickly.

I also bought a Medion laptop through TCB and was refused the cashback even when TCB appealed on my behalf (I assume that they did but got another no without explanation).The problem,I believe is that Medion had a price reduction ,which involved entering a code at checkout. The last time I bought similar, the price was crossed out and the new one added. This one paid out, but again, after an enquiry, stating that the price was not a temporary offer but a reduction for end of line items..
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 10th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    • 894 Posts
    • 694 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    @leitmotif

Plusnet never pay out both the Topcashback/quidco and their own cashback scheme. It is only one or the other (generally their own scheme as it is cheaper!)

Look at their forum for cashback complaints https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/bd-p/AccountBilling
    • leitmotif
    • By leitmotif 14th Mar 18, 8:51 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    leitmotif
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:51 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 8:51 PM
    Update: I did get the 95 cashback in the end.
    • kent money saver
    • By kent money saver 15th Mar 18, 2:19 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    kent money saver
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:19 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:19 PM
    HI,
    I took out broadband with you with a 49 connection fee and a 50 cashback deal, looking on your community pages there are numerous people complaining of the same issue and an of an email not coming through, and plusnet not honouring the 50 cashback deal. My friend was here at the time and we choose Plusnet because of their "we'll do you proud" motto and their reputation of excellent customer service.At this rate of knots we will be reporting back this poor service and being ripped off to money saving expert.com.
    It took you six weeks to connect me ,with countless engineers attending my property and ending up digging up my footpath at great inconvienence to connect me.I attach a screenshot of the deal to help out.
    awaiting your reply and my 50.

A copy of the letter , which has been sent to plusnet...robbers..arghhh
    Mortgage free in June 2015.Yay!Now Debt free!... well i owe the wife a few quid.....
    • kent money saver
    • By kent money saver 15th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    kent money saver
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    so they send out an emailed link to report said problem.. and you cant reply to it, it refuses to accept return emails. cosmic. so you gave to go through to the members section. more chance of decrypting the enigma code. Avoid....go elsewhere.

ive never been let down like this before, almost calling me a liar, and asking for proof.
    Last edited by kent money saver; 15-03-2018 at 2:59 PM.
    Mortgage free in June 2015.Yay!Now Debt free!... well i owe the wife a few quid.....
    • kent money saver
    • By kent money saver 19th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    kent money saver
    • 19th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 19th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    Their customer service team have said after listening to the tape of the phone call, that yes i am entitled to a 50 pounds refund..hooray ! I had told them it was also posted on here.
    • Paul1963
    • By Paul1963 22nd Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Paul1963
    • 22nd Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    • 22nd Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    Yes likewise to comments above. I had to chase plusnet hard for a week to get my 50 cheque.
    They claimed they had sent out the email for me to claim on, but I'm sure it didn't arrive.
    They tried asking for a screenshot of my inbox for me to prove it wasn't there, or for them to show me it was : there I don't know which ?
    Finally I phoned them up and suggested they stop messing me around, after that someone there said they had found the email on their system : he cashed it for me and now I have the cheque !!!!!
    • Paul1963
    • By Paul1963 23rd Mar 18, 11:46 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Paul1963
    • 23rd Mar 18, 11:46 AM
    • 23rd Mar 18, 11:46 AM
    Additionally : I was determined to switch to get a better phone/broadband deal .
    However to make the saving the cashback was required .
    This wasn't an easy switch and there were times when I considered not bothering to chase further.
    I would say switching isn't necessarily easy and doesn't necessarily only take a few minutes as is sometimes advertised
    I can easily see why many don't bother or give up trying : you do have to be on it
    to make it work
    Those who are not internet savvy are at a disadvantage and most probably lose out through no fault of their own !!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

320Posts Today

3,836Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin