Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jdavidson
    • By jdavidson 8th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jdavidson
    Hire vehicle 'damage'
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    Hire vehicle 'damage' 8th Jan 18 at 9:55 AM
    hi,

i recently hired a camper vehicle from a company.
    We took the vehicle away and within the first few uses of a light switch button within the camper the button got stuck depressed in.
    This was through normal use with no excessive force. I get the feeling this had broken previously and was perhaps made worse by our normal use.

We were charged 200 for the cost of an entire head unit.

Is this an acceptable charge.

The vehicle was also new meaning the part in question would likely have been under manufacture warranty.

Thanks for any advice.

Kind regards
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 20,317 Posts
    • 16,063 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    Duplicate thread in Motoring.
    • bris
    • By bris 8th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 7,652 Posts
    • 6,661 Thanks
    bris
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    It's not under warranty if it's physical damage, i'e excessive force. I know you say no excessive force was used but all they see is the damage and assume you did.

It's hard to prove otherwise but you could always try a chargeback or S75 claim pleading your innocence. It's unlikely to succeed because of the agreement you signed but worth a try.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,658Posts Today

9,394Users online

Martin's Twitter