Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 4Thanks
    jlewsey15
    Quick Question
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    Quick Question 8th Jan 18 at 9:54 AM
    UPDATE
    Apcoa obviously rejected my appeal and unfortunately life has got in the way and I didn't appeal to POPLA inside the 28 days of receiving the appeal rejection letter.

Have I no lost my chance to appeal or can I carry on and appeal to POPLA?

Any advice would be appreciated. thank you
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning all

I've read the Newbie posts but just want to double check I'm doing the right thing:

Quick background:
    railway car park, wrong VRM entered, parking date was 07/12/17.
    Received a 'Parking Charge Notice' dated 03/01/18 about the infractions.

So just to sum up what I do:

1. Use the 'blue' text from the Newbie post and send this to Apcoa via post today (literally copy/paste with no additions other than my name, address, VRM and PCN NO.)
    1a. There is no way to appeal via email or online, unless I have missed something.
    2. Do not make any mention of VRM error nor who was driving.
    3. Once sent, get a POPLA appeal ready and then when Apcoa reject my appeal use the code they give me on my POPLA appeal and issue.

Is that all good?
    Anything I need to add?
    Do I make mention of the fact they didn't issue me with the PCN inside the 16 days?

Thank you all
    Last edited by jlewsey15; 07-03-2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th Jan 18, 10:08 AM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,443 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:08 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:08 AM
    EDIT YOUR POST

remove any clue as to the drivers identity. Now.

It specifically states parking charge, and not penalty under byelaws?

Yes, use the blue appeal. If there is no online appeal, then there isnt one.
    2) correct
    3) Yes, you will appeal on no keeper liability, as there isnt any at stations.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 18,035 Posts
    • 28,567 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    Is that all good?

Yes

Anything I need to add?

No

Do I make mention of the fact they didn't issue me with the PCN inside the 16 days?

It!!!8217;s actally 14 days commencing with day following the parking event - but are they attempting to invoke a Keeper Liability, do they suggest the keeper might be liable under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012? If they aren!!!8217;t suggesting this, then the 14 days point is irrelevant.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    Post amended so should be ok now?

Header on paper is:

"PARKING CHARGE NOTICE
    First Great Western
    Creditor: APCOA PArking (UK) Ltd

'Notice is hereby served to the registered keeper of VRM XXXX XXX.
    For the alleged contravention of Use of Private Car Park without a valid payment/permit
    At ................
    on ................ at ..:..
    The alleged contravention is the BREACH OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE of the car park where signs are clearly displayed throughout the area showing these terms and conditions."

Then on the back is all the stuff about not knowing the driver or current serviceable address, requesting payment or info on driver. 100 charge which will be 50 if paid in 14 days etc.
    Blurb about getting my details from DVLA under reg 27(1)(e) of the Road Vehicles Regs 2002.

Assume that changes nothing about what I have to do.

Thanks again
    Last edited by jlewsey15; 08-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    Assume that makes sense?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 18,035 Posts
    • 28,567 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    There!!!8217;s nothing you have replicated from the NtK that suggests APCOA are attempting to invoke KL, so if that is the case forget the 14 days point. Just use the blue text initial appeal - without any alteration or addition - from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    thank you all, much appreciated. I have sent the letter so will keep you updated and also post my POPLA appeal once I have put it together.

Happy new year all.
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 7th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    Updated at top of page.

Thank you all for your help.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 7,728 Posts
    • 7,480 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    You now need to wait for up to six years to see if they start court action.

Post again on this thread if you receive a Letter of Claim or official court papers.

Such a shame. This could've been killed stone dead at PoPLA.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 18,035 Posts
    • 28,567 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    UPDATE
    Apcoa obviously rejected my appeal and unfortunately life has got in the way and I didn't appeal to POPLA inside the 28 days of receiving the appeal rejection letter.

Have I no lost my chance to appeal or can I carry on and appeal to POPLA?

Any advice would be appreciated. thank you
    Too late for POPLA now, I fear. When did your 28 days run out (you can actually squeeze 33 days from a POPLA Code). If you've missed that to, then the following applies:

Months of debt collector hassle now likely, plus the threat of potential legal action hanging over you for 6 years.

Fortunately - at the time of writing - APCOA are benign in a litigation sense, but as KP points out, they have 6 years to pursue you, and there can be no second guessing what they might do between now and 2024.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/APCOA_Parking_UK.html

Just one simple copy and paste of a recent APCOA POPLA appeal would have seen them fold and you'd get a cancellation confirmation from POPLA within a couple of days of submitting the appeal. Literally 15 minutes work.

A definite case of defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory. You now just have to batten down the hatches and ride the initial debt collector 'storm', which will last for around 6 months. Ignore anything the debt collector sends you.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 07-03-2018 at 1:27 PM.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Mar 18, 1:35 PM
    • 58,564 Posts
    • 72,076 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nothing will happen, it's only APCOA!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 14th Mar 18, 12:11 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    Thanks all I'll ride it out.
    May well have been '15 minutes work' but as I said life happened and this was no where near the top of my priority list otherwise I'd have sorted it out.

I'll post back if I get anything relating to a 'Letter of Claim' or 'Court Papers'.

Thanks again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

77Posts Today

2,511Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin