Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 8th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    • 309Posts
    • 156Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: Wrongly charged by Uber after the driver cancelled? How to get a REFUND
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    MSE News: Wrongly charged by Uber after the driver cancelled? How to get a REFUND 8th Jan 18 at 8:57 AM
    Uber passengers who are wrongly charged for a cancelled trip are often given credit by the cab app rather than a refund. But if you're affected, there's an easy way to get your money back instead...
    Read the full story:
    'Wrongly charged by Uber after the driver cancelled? How to get a REFUND rather than credit'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 08-01-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Reue
    • By Reue 8th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    Reue
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    Had this exact issue while in Florida last year. Requested an Uber from the main exit of a mall, we stood waiting for 20 minutes while the car tracking map showed the driver just sat at the other end of a very large carpark on the other side of the motorway running between us. Our 3g was turned on so he could see our exact location on the map yet made no effort to come over. After 20 minutes the driver then cancelled and we were charged!

Uber really needs to change it's processes here. I can understand no wanting customers/drivers to continually cancel trips once requested over and over but charging someone for the cancellation ought to be the last resort and only after customer services have investigated.. not a default response.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 8th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 2,290 Posts
    • 1,557 Thanks
    Stoke
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    I've found Uber's refund process to be excellent. Painless.
    • texteditor
    • By texteditor 14th Jan 18, 12:43 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    texteditor
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:43 AM
    Cash customer and charged for drivers cancellation
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:43 AM
    I booked an Uber cab via the app he did not turn up I watched his progress on the app and he turned up a few streets away from me and did not ring or text me.
    Next thing I got a message from Uber saying I was being charged 4.00 I used the app to tell them the driver had cancelled and was credited with 4.00.
    Ever since then I have had a message telling me I owe 4.00 and it must be paid before I can get another Uber cab.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

847Posts Today

6,461Users online

Martin's Twitter