Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • James.boggild
    • By James.boggild 8th Jan 18, 8:50 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    James.boggild
    0 WOW
    Reus Car Hire
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:50 AM
    0 WOW
    Reus Car Hire 8th Jan 18 at 8:50 AM
    Good morning everyone. I am looking to hire a car from Reus airport. Pretty much the only option I am being given is Firefly, who seem cheap enough. However, I have seen that I will need to put a large deposit down on a credit card when getting there. I don't have a credit card and am not sure I'd get one either - is there a way around this? From hat I've read I could take out their insurance when I get there, would this then remove the need for a large credit card deposit? And does anybody know how much it is likely to cost for their own insurance when I get there? We are stopping at a site 10km from Cambrils, and it is recommended we have a car to explore, else I would make do with public transport.

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 8th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 3,517 Posts
    • 1,697 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    Buying the hire firm's own excess cover insurance at the desk will reduce the amount they need to hold on your card to just a hundred or two for fuel and incidentals, down from the excess amount of up to !!!8364;1,500. But the cost of their excess cover can be substantial.

It's possible that a debit card or prepaid card with enough in the account to be put on hold can be accepted, but until a particular card is put into the payment terminal nothing is certain.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

53Posts Today

3,197Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin