Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wymondham
    • By wymondham 8th Jan 18, 7:06 AM
    • 5,114Posts
    • 8,984Thanks
    wymondham
    Dancing on Ice (oh dear not them as well!)
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:06 AM
    Dancing on Ice (oh dear not them as well!) 8th Jan 18 at 7:06 AM
    Dancing on Ice is one of my favourite shows and was looking forward to it after the break, but unfortunately they have gone the way of XFactor.

Turn a 45 minute show into a 2 hour slog. Thanks heavens for our PVR. Removed the Ads, the odd interviews, the even odder voiceover guy, unnecessary chit chat, so it was just the skating, and it took just 45 mins of actual skating. Going on content alone it should be called 'Talking about skating'.

Having Torvill & Dean restricted to being sat behind a desk obviously unwilling to be critical was an odd change.

The skating bit was ok, although the contestants had obviously had much more training than previously as all were doing quite complicated manoeuvres on week 1!

I hope it improves next week as life is too short to pad it out with !!!!....
    Last edited by wymondham; 08-01-2018 at 7:17 AM.
Page 2
    • DeputyDawgg
    • By DeputyDawgg 8th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    DeputyDawgg
    Oh no Phillip Yawnfield!!
    • Linda_D
    • By Linda_D 9th Jan 18, 12:33 AM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 3,493 Thanks
    Linda_D
    What a yawn. Gave up after the second person skated. If the last time the programme was on is anything to go by in order to up the ratings Holly Willoughby will start wearing less clothes. Not my cup of tea but sure it would suit some!!
    Originally posted by Up For Grabs
    Not now she is Holly Willoughnobooby. The dress was very ill advised showing the biggest lacking in that department since Amanda Holden tried it.
    • Carl31
    • By Carl31 9th Jan 18, 8:43 AM
    • 2,193 Posts
    • 5,201 Thanks
    Carl31
    Television, scheduled programming as we have always known it, is on the way out, which hopefully means the main TV stations will put some effort into their programming to be able to compete with the likes of Netflix which far surpasses anything the likes of the BBC or ITV can offer these days
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 9th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 4,088 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    I can't remember the last time I watched something 'live' on commercial TV - much better to record it and then skip through the adverts and other boring bits.
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 15th Jan 18, 9:46 AM
    • 7,512 Posts
    • 11,386 Thanks
    cally6008
    It was better this week, the annoying commentator has gone and was replaced by someone much better

• onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 15th Jan 18, 11:34 AM
    • 14,051 Posts
    • 26,884 Thanks
    onlyroz
    I'm glad I've got my YouTubes, reviewers, music and DVD box sets that I can turn to - I hardly watch broadcast TV anymore.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    I only really watch Netflix or Amazon Prime these days - can't bear the adverts in broadcast telly.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 35,671 Posts
    • 132,216 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I only really watch Netflix or Amazon Prime these days - can't bear the adverts in broadcast telly.
    Originally posted by onlyroz
    The weird thing is that I've been watching reruns of The Onedin Line on the Drama channel, online, and there's not a single advertisement in them, not at the beginning, nor within the programme.

Strange but nice!
    Denmark and Senegal
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 15th Jan 18, 10:10 PM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 4,324 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    Originally posted by onlyroz
    I rarely watch anything but the BBC which has the same effect.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin