Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 8th Jan 18, 2:15 AM
    • 81Posts
    • 24Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    Supported Living, sleep in staff?
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:15 AM
    Supported Living, sleep in staff? 8th Jan 18 at 2:15 AM
    If a person lives in supported living and the complex has a sleep in staff every night shared between 6 tenants that might need support during the night and the support staff is funded by social services and added to everybody personal budget would that person be more entailed to High rate PIP as they sometimes need the night staff when they are psychotic and sometimes need accompanying to the hospital, but this only happens once or twice a year but the staff are there just incase. Are they more likely to get the highest PIP award as needing night time care?
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 8th Jan 18, 8:28 AM
    • 2,845 Posts
    • 2,808 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:28 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:28 AM
    If a person lives in supported living and the complex has a sleep in staff every night shared between 6 tenants that might need support during the night and the support staff is funded by social services and added to everybody personal budget would that person be more entailed to High rate PIP as they sometimes need the night staff when they are psychotic and sometimes need accompanying to the hospital, but this only happens once or twice a year but the staff are there just incase. Are they more likely to get the highest PIP award as needing night time care?
    Originally posted by nicetomeetyou
    For these reasons, then simple answer is no. PIP is about needing help at least 50% of the time, once or twice a year isn't 50% of the time.
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 8th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 11,583 Posts
    • 13,486 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    PIP isn't about night time care. DLA has this criteria not PIP.

It may be perfectly possible to receive PIP high rate daily living under these circumstances. It is a case of meeting the PIP descriptors.
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 8th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    I think I meet the criteria as I have proof I gets lots of support from services including the CLDT and have a big support package.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 8th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 4,792 Posts
    • 3,592 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    Have you applied and had an assessment?
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 8th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 11,940 Posts
    • 22,733 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    I think I meet the criteria as I have proof I gets lots of support from services including the CLDT and have a big support package.
    Originally posted by nicetomeetyou
    I think you should look at the PIP descriptors... then you might be able to assess entitlement potential. Your thinking sounds like it might be more 'DLA'... there is no night time care regarding PIP as such.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

989Posts Today

7,422Users online

Martin's Twitter