Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • amayeta
    • By amayeta 7th Jan 18, 11:54 PM
    • 81Posts
    • 24Thanks
    amayeta
    Gadget Insider.net
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:54 PM
    Gadget Insider.net 7th Jan 18 at 11:54 PM
    Has anyone has dealings with this company?
    I just find it strange that the company address is
    56 Lower Clapton Road, London, E5 0RN but this is listed as Mansions Estate London E5.

Thanks
Page 1
    • fwor
    • By fwor 8th Jan 18, 2:18 AM
    • 5,993 Posts
    • 4,049 Thanks
    fwor
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:18 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:18 AM
    Looks scammy to me - website has only been registered a few months, IP location suggests it's in the USA, and the domain registration details are hidden by the GoDaddy privacy service.

Whatever you are interested in, I would buy it elsewhere...
    • WildTortoise
    • By WildTortoise 14th Feb 18, 11:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WildTortoise
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:28 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:28 AM
    Beware- I rather foolishly ordered a solar charger for postage charge of 6.19 and a second for 99p to find a week later that the company have taken 60 from my account. Online email address and phone number turn out to be not existing.

Emailed the address on their website and received reply to say that I!!!8217;d clicked for 60 membership, which I hadn!!!8217;t!! I haven!!!8217;t received the goods yet either!

Trustpilot reviews reflect my experience.
    • Wingsmith
    • By Wingsmith 14th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wingsmith
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    Gadgetinsider scam
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    This is bad news for Facebook followers who like gadgets.
    On offer a few days ago was a 'free' solar powered phone charger.
    All that I had to do was pay the postage of around 6.
    Today I see my credit card has now been charged with 60! Ten times more!
    I called my bank who said I had to contact the company and ask for a refund.
    Unfortunately the contact phone number found on the internet does not connect.
    There are many references to the word SCAM however.
    • Peter-P
    • By Peter-P 16th Feb 18, 3:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Peter-P
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:48 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:48 PM
    Hi There Wingsmith!

I experienced exactly the same ... this Gadget Insider are a disgrace and there are many others who have registered similar complaints on the TrustPilot website!
    • plr4me2000
    • By plr4me2000 14th Mar 18, 10:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    plr4me2000
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:00 PM
    i agree
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:00 PM
    i had the same offer about free solar charger just pay shipping and postage now my bank acct is being charged $19.99 . as like someone else said the phone number is non existent and the email addy comes back undeliverable. . i'm having my bank block any future deductions from this company halted and filing fraud charges. on the other site that some else mentioned they said they received them (the solar chargers) some worked for a bit and died others never worked to start with. it sounds as though they are sending out crippled merchandise with the possiblity of saying yeah we can fix it for a fee and cost more than what its worth to do so... of those that reported that the solar are not charging they may have never been connected or deliberatly disconnected so that they could charge what ever they wanted to fix them when they were sent out that way to start with. just my educated guess .. others i suppose just say to heck with it not going to waste any more time or energy ...except to file a complaint . which is ok but doesn't stop these people from doing it to someone else .
    • trevster
    • By trevster 23rd Mar 18, 6:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevster
    • 23rd Mar 18, 6:13 PM
    • 23rd Mar 18, 6:13 PM
    Yes I have. It's a keep clicking no till you get to the receipt page.

I ordered 3 x solar banks and mistakenly ordered the 3 bank charger thing but skipped the monthly subscription. I didn't receive a confirmation email nor delivery details, paid by credit card where debit cards don't get you refunds. Only no despatch email, shares on facebook and someone commented that it was a con. So I sent an email requesting a refund and logged a complaint with the credit card thinking I wouldn't receive no email reply. Well what do you know, I received 3 emails

Solar banks are being manufactured and will take 7 weeks.

I asked for a refund because of the comment and that the power banks had a 1A output rather than 2A.

Reply: Order has been cancelled

Reply: You will receive your money in between 7 to 14 days.

I received money back on my card after 4 days.
    • samdog1963
    • By samdog1963 10th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    samdog1963
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    Scam!
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:22 AM
    Same here, fell for the 'free' solar powered charger deal just postage to pay 6.19 + 99p for a second unit.
    Just seen i've been charged 60
    I purposely paid by Amex just in case something like this happened.
    Just been in contact with Amex and they have refunded me.
    • john22
    • By john22 10th Apr 18, 10:42 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    john22
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:42 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:42 AM
    I don't know but just looking at the title of the company automatically makes me not want to visit the website never mind buy anything from them.

I suppose people buy so much stuff and want it on the cheap they will click or be tempted to buy easily from anywhere
    • kmacg
    • By kmacg 6th May 18, 3:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kmacg
    i ordered their "free" mobile solar charger, pay packaging only, paid for it but now i cannot log onto their pages. think ive been conned?!
    • kmacg
    • By kmacg 6th May 18, 3:37 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kmacg
    solar charger gadget insider
    yeah, i ordered one, but i cannot reach any of their pages online now but they took my cash quick enough. hopefully visa will reimburse. but i still feel like a fool!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

436Posts Today

5,104Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin