Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 7th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 357Posts
    • 253Thanks
    Self Employed Voluntary National Insurance contributions?
    • #1
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    Self Employed Voluntary National Insurance contributions? 7th Jan 18 at 8:19 PM
    Does anyone know what the process is for finding out your eligibility for paying voluntary Class 2 National Insurance contributions when self employed?

    The website here says to request your National Insurance record to see if you have gaps.

    However, when I go on 'Check your National Insurance Record' it goes to a page that says 'Tax Options' and I don't see anywhere that says what previous tax years I'm eligible to pay voluntary Class 2 NICs for.
    Last edited by Marvqn1; 07-01-2018 at 8:28 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

3,501Users online

Martin's Twitter