Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 20,482Posts
    • 232,828Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018 7th Jan 18 at 5:04 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Check smoke alarms are fully-functional
    HHI
    Mad half hour -
    if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that!

Tuesday Twinkles Living room

Level1

Empty out any rubbish
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them - check for escaped baubles
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Challenge time for challengers!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around the house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT

Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2

Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)

Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras

If you need to keep meds upstairs (eg asthma inhalers) make sure they are in date and ready for use
    HHI - don't let it build up
    MAD half hour - use it for your challenges or sort a drawer in the bedroom

Thrilling Thursday

Hall, stairs, landing

Level one

Beat, vacuum or wash doormats
    Clean windows and mirrors
    Check corners and crevices - deweb!
    Put away summer coats/anything not currently in use

Level two
    Dust, wipe or polish banisters and rails
    Clear out detritus
    Vacuum all floors or mop inc stairs
    Shift the shoe pile - put away anything not being worn

Level 3
    Wash down front door inside and out
    Dust any furniture in these rooms
    Clean light fittings inc. wiping bulbs with a damp cloth - see how much brighter they are

Extras
    Check smoke alarms; CO alarms
    HHI
    MAD half hour
    CHALLENGES - how are you doing?
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    shops selling 'spring cleaning' stuff on offer - do you need anything?

Friday Flight _ Kitchen and Dining Room

Kitchen and Dining room

Level One

Change table cloth/wipe table mats
    Polish/wipe table and chairs
    Empty bins and wash them out
    Clear sides and wipe down sides and tiles
    Clean all appliances you keep out

Level 2
    Clean cupboard fronts and wipe handles
    Wipe sockets and switches with a just-damp cloth
    Dust in dining room

Level 3

Clean and clear utility
    Clear sills and wipe
    Put out new or clean cloths and tea towels
    Mop/sweep/vacuum floor

Extras

S&S bathroom
    Update your list of herbs and spices handily stuck inside the cupboard door so you know what you!!!8217;ve got in stock somewhere. Check all are (reasonably) in date, too.
    Choose a cupboard to clear and clean
    HHI - get that mountain down
    MAD half hour
    Last edited by Valli; 11-01-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 3
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 8th Jan 18, 9:37 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    I'm back in this week, or at least I'm going to try.

Unfortunately house has gone backwards since Christmas but the good news is that I don't like it and can see the mess (previously I won't have really noticed it). Not sure I am going to be able to follow lists as my bath is full of dirty washing, the result of a week skiing then DD2 coming home with 3 weeks worth of washing and visitors. But I am steadily working my way through it, and each load is being ironed and put away immediately, I am not going to have an ironing mountain. WM & TD are definitely on overtime! Plan for today is to get kitchen and living room back tidy, going to be a challenge as got home late last night after having accident which involved much hanging around in the cold and changing cars, no one hurt so that's the most important thing.

Must also work on my big FROG, nationality, certificates being translated this week so need to go through to see what else I need and start filling in the forms.

I have also decided to try and be lighter each month, not sure about putting a target on it but I guess like many of you around 2 st, I work in metric and was looking at 1 kg per month, but will be very happy if I am just less than the month before.

Going to put kettle on for a cuppa and put photo albums away while it boils (they are out as needed baby photos of DD2 for hospital appointment last week.

Remember to SMILE, it's contagious and good for you.

xx
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 8th Jan 18, 9:49 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Feeling smug. Sorry.

Lost 5lb since 1st Jan. Good start to Slinkydom. It wonít continue, but itís a huge relief as I was soooo depressed last Monday.

Off to gym shortly. Will post my first Flymarketeers sale on the way. Not much of a profit, but as long as I have a huge stash of padded envelopes it will be worth doing. After that, probably not.

H2H. Tree will leave the house today and decorations will go into loft. Then I need to start clearing surfaces for AirBNb photographs.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 8th Jan 18, 9:49 AM
    • 5,093 Posts
    • 50,860 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Welcome Faete, Riotlady and FroogleFraggle! And Flybabies popping out all over the country - congratulations Froogle and fingers crossed for straightforward arrivals for Riotlady's and Mrs MP's grandbeast.

Valli, so glad to hear that older cat is beginning to accept the kitteny one. My darling Diddley tried very hard to leave home after Miss Moppet moved in, finally culminating in managing to make it over four seven foot high walls and into the very securely locked backyard of a deserted house (many years ago) and her rescue involved lots of people and ladders. I still have a much treasured two inch scar where she tried to claw her way out of my arms as I carried her back down the road when a car went past and frightened her. She got over it, and although they never became good friends, they tolerated each other after the Great Escape Attempt.

Lovely to see the thread so busy and so many people signing up for H2H. I'm going to start mine with a feather duster and a pile of ordinary dusters, plus a bucket of warm soapy water later with a pile of microfibre cloths. Upstairs on the landing outstide OH's office - it needs to be dewebbed and dusted from the high up bits down to the floor level to the bottom of the flight of three stairs outside my Room of Doom. It hasn't been done properly since he moved in over Easter 23 years ago, and includes a very cluttered bookcase and a filing cabinet which are far too heavy to move. I may be some time.

That'll have to be after I've been to the place where I volunteer for a formal induction along with another handful of newbies. The manager is very businesslike and likeable so it'll be quick and very thorough. And the shower room and bathroom as per today's listy.
    Keeping it AF
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Jan 18, 10:04 AM
    • 36,747 Posts
    • 473,019 Thanks
    pigpen
    challenges

I've searched last weeks and 25/12 threads for challenge info

Slinkies - how long does this challenge last?
    Flymarketeers - what is this challenge
    h2h - I am so in, house in good shape after xmas declutter challenge but lots of decorating, odds and sods to contend with

thank you all x
    Originally posted by donnajt
    slinkies.. mine is ongoing.. until the end of time.. though it is pointless as I really struggle to lose anything without simply not eating and when I do lose any weight I don't require smaller clothes which is very demoralising.. however.. I have to see is being lighter helps my poor old hip and knee.

flymarketeers.. is an ongoing thing for me but I have several things to pay off and pay for over the next 4 months so mine is until June.

H2H.. has been a 20 years slog in here and it is not improving becuase I am a hoarder and a slob.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    15/05/2018 £53528.71 (2.41% int.)
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Jan 18, 11:28 AM
    • 36,747 Posts
    • 473,019 Thanks
    pigpen
    parcels prepped to post in spite of Twinkles best efforts.
    2 of the things bought with the proceeds which are in my ebeast basket.. 2 down ... lots to go!!

Utility tariff changed.. I need to ring to sort out paying the current birthday bill but I shall do that once Horace is napping!! Trying to do anything with her menacing is impossible.

OH on his way home for lunch so he can entertain her for a bit and I'll do food!

I terrified a cat dropping a pen down the stairs.. he is hysterical because DS3 is at college today.

my outdoor list..
    prescription ~ Boog
    drop off dead batteries ~ Sbugs
    post office
    bank
    .. I am certain there was something else..

I need to fling more up to sell as well.. I WILL have an emptier house and a fuller bank account!
    Last edited by pigpen; 08-01-2018 at 11:30 AM.
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 8th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Off to a reasonable start today, WM 2, TD1, ironed and put away 1. Photos back in albums and put away. Several bags cleared out of living room.

Decent lunch made and eaten, cheese omelette, served with cucumber, tomatoes and a piece of wholemeal toast. This is a big success for me as I tend to pick throughout the morning and not eat a proper lunch then hit the biscuits in the afternoon. Hoping lunch will mean I keep going with clearing up this afternoon.

Just having a bit of internet time whilst watching lunchtime news. Then TD should be finished so can iron then put another load in. All whilst carrying on with clearing lounge and kitchen and need to pop to shops for a few bits and dinner.

See you later
    xx
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 8th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 21,231 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Bathroom done. Stuck the boys in the bath while I cleaned. Two birds, one stone and all that.

I'm dot-to-dotting today as I've got gibble scattered all round. Ultimate goal today is to clear, tidy and clean the dining room. I have a new console table to construct and place in there, a new lamp to unpack and get working and I am hopeful that the easy chair may appear today with the courier, as it was delayed last week.

Lunch first. Diet is going well
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 8th Jan 18, 12:14 PM
    • 2,440 Posts
    • 36,219 Thanks
    ionafan
    Blood test decluttered
    Decision made about essay title during my hour-long wait at the horsepiddle
    Breakfast eaten- just going to have lunch as well
    4 phonecalls made

Safe arrival vibes for mrs-mp's DGC.

to FBO

Re: Slinkies challenge - Valli please put me down for 1 st 1 lb, which I'm aiming to lose by Easter (but we're going on holiday for a week in February, which may slow my weight loss down a bit).
    Last edited by ionafan; 08-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 8th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    slinkies.. mine is ongoing.. until the end of time.. though it is pointless as I really struggle to lose anything without simply not eating and when I do lose any weight I don't require smaller clothes which is very demoralising.. however.. I have to see is being lighter helps my poor old hip and knee.

flymarketeers.. is an ongoing thing for me but I have several things to pay off and pay for over the next 4 months so mine is until June.

H2H.. has been a 20 years slog in here and it is not improving becuase I am a hoarder and a slob.
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Thank you Pigpen xxxx

Valli/Natty - can I be added to all three challenges please

Slinkies .... 3 stone by summer
    Marketeers .... £1000 spending money for summer hols
    H2H .... decorated and sparkling by summer

aim high!!!
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • hex2
    • By hex2 8th Jan 18, 12:42 PM
    • 4,714 Posts
    • 80,053 Thanks
    hex2
    I'm going to start with a HHC on my H2H mission to clear space. Housekeeping/boiler cupboard first.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 8th Jan 18, 12:49 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Good start to the week...

kitchen s&s
    floors swept / steamed
    sink cleaned/buffed nice and shiny
    soup and sausage rolls made ready for lunch

downstairs loo
    scrubbed, dusted, swept, steamed, buffed, lovely and shiny

dining room
    floors swept/steamed
    leftover box of crackers taken upstairs to be away til next year

off for a nice bath ... will multi task and clean bathroom at same time
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    • 36,747 Posts
    • 473,019 Thanks
    pigpen
    another £8 sale bought and paid for.. must sort through the 4 huge stuffed binbags of 4-5 stuff and fling some..there is so much in there!! and I need to rejiggle Twinkles drawers..

OH just sent back to college so Twinkle and I are off to shop.. hopefully she will nap!
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 8th Jan 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2,876 Posts
    • 20,230 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Busy day so far. I have:

- school run
    - post office
    - dropped Musoc Magpie box off
    - tip run
    - stuff taken to Cash 4 clothes
    - Wilkos and Argos visited
    - food shopping done
    - parts for DH work collected from next town
    - dog walked

Just scoffing lunch then will walk the dog again then school run. Also scratched the car whilst I was out its small but deep. Hey ho, worse things happen at sea it's only a car.

Weigh in tomorrow for me
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • hex2
    • By hex2 8th Jan 18, 1:41 PM
    • 4,714 Posts
    • 80,053 Thanks
    hex2
    Nearly an hour on, where does the time go?

DW emptied and filled so I could pile stuff onto the worktops. All of the contents out, and the air vents cleared. Ruthless exiting and re-homing done, just having 5 minutes before i start putting things back.

Lil-me 280 DW tablets found so far so its turning into a money saving exercise for me too. And the decent scrubbing things to do the bathroom with after school run.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 8th Jan 18, 3:46 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Everyone seems to be going great guns.

More washing etc done but pleased to say that all being ironed, folded and put away straight out of the dryer so no mountain of ironing (it is also seems easier to iron straight out of the TD)

Lounge cleared and cushions sorted and a quick hoover round, ok it needs dusting but I didn't, but pleased that it is looking tidy again with nothing lying around. Fire laid ready for later so we will be able to sit down for a calm drink when OH gets in. He is picking up my supermarket shop (no delivery service but click and collect is fine as only 5 minutes from his work)

Currently enjoying a cup of tea and will then start cooking some dinner, bolognese tonight and I will tidy round the kitchen whilst it's cooking.

Other flying today, I opened the post and dealt with it immediately, only filing but still done and envelopes in recycling. A couple of bits of paper from my 'desk of doom' dealt with too so I hope by staying up to date wih incoming stuff and each day trying to remove at least one piece of paper from my desk the heap will eventually be gone.

Eaten better and had some fruit and plenty of water so feeling pleased with my baby steps. It's going to be a long journey but lots of fun with you lot

Thanks
    xx
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 8th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 9,705 Posts
    • 122,492 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Finally sat down for 10 mins

I knew I was tired, didn't wake up until 9.30am unheard of for me
    WM x 3 done
    Bed stripped and remade
    Toilets cleaned
    Bins done
    Rubbish out and correct bin for collection out tomorrow as well
    Food shopping done and away
    Whole house hoovered
    A load of little bits to tinsel hoovered up, I am sure those little bits are hiding from me and then pop up coooeee we are over here!!
    Kitchen cleaned
    TD is on.........
    Posted birthday card for SS(1)
    Collected my work jacket from cleaners
    Collected prescription
    Now got to work out the code part I need to mend the cat flap that blunder bust has broken.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -14 so far and counting!!
    • hex2
    • By hex2 8th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    • 4,714 Posts
    • 80,053 Thanks
    hex2
    The boiler cupboard is now shiny clean, half empty and hairball free. George (Don't Do That), who spends half her life in there snoring, is Sulking. It smells wrong. It took her years to make all of those hairballs.

I also cleared the book mountain and various random items from the bathroom before I did the school run. Go me.
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 8th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms
    Level 1
    Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps
    Level 2
    Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished
    Level 3
    Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash
    Extras
    S&S kitchen

Check smoke alarms are fully-functional
    HHI - upstairs bathroom yuk!
    Mad half hour -!if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that! very naughty used this time to finish reading my Book club book (lovely quiet half hour which turned into 60 minutes)
    dining room
    floors swept/steamed
    leftover box of crackers taken upstairs to be away til next year

having 15 min rest before i start cooking dinner
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 8th Jan 18, 6:06 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 8,832 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Hello

Made the bed and fed the birds before heading to the paid stuff this morning. Went to the shop to buy bread in my lunch-break. Called at PO on way home and paid rent, topped up phone, posted a letter and bought two birthday cards.

Since coming home I have had a coffee, chatted with DS, and caught up with the thread DS doesn't want tea until after he's been to play football; I'm trying to decide whether I can wait that long before I have mine. I think not - I'm going to WUDUPA the few pots in the bowl and cook my tea now.

I have to accept that keeping on top of the dailies is the main thing during the week. Maybe when I've lost the weight I'll have more energy after a day at the paid stuff.

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 8th Jan 18, 6:06 PM
    • 24,402 Posts
    • 96,619 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    First thing I did today was

Open email, see five tasks to do. All take time but aren't ever going to be No 1 on my list of Stuff.

Empty office of hundreds of models made by the Offspring of the Parish for homework last term and shove them in a locked cupboard stored them for the Assistant Head to pick the best for display.

Empty office of 1000 carrier bags that the things were brought in with.
    Chuck five bits of paper I hadn't tidied before the end of term.

Chuck a bag of dried out holly leaves from the Christmas display.

Clear desk next to me of pointless bits of paper and packaging.

Retrieve mugs the weekend 'renters' have used (they're not even supposed to have access to the office, but somebody gave them a master key, so they do it anyway) and stuffed in the cupboard unwashed, wash them up.

Clean the sink by the water boiler. And the tiles the weekend 'renters' have hurled tea and coffee at.

Clean both desks.

Clear some old display material.

Deal with a classfull of OotP being absolutely foul for two solid hours.

Deal with a class of 'external provision' kids who were perfectly behaved.

Put equipment back after lessons.

Get given another 5 massive jobs.

Make sure no OotP could gain access unauthorised over lunch.

Help out by writing a quick How To Guide for a couple of kids in another lesson.

Go for a break. Have nice colleague admit she's desperate to leave her OH and therefore giving her ideas on how to not leave herself destitute and homeless when she doesn't have to (and pointing out that whilst I agree with her that she needs to be happy, from his point of view, he's not all bad from what she's said about him and the kids come first).

Go back to work and have another ten tasks given to me for this week.

Solve 7 additional things without having to get somebody else to do anything and save other colleague many, many hours in duplicating work I did several years ago.

Have other colleague complaining about his health. Let him get on with it, as it meant I could chill out for ten minutes whilst he did so.

Try and assess the scale of tons of other things that need to be done, have been requested repeatedly, but never done by the people responsible. Realise it's massive work even to assess it.

Limp home. Find HMRC have sent a grumpy letter asking how I'm going to repay their tax credit overpayment from five years ago that is already being repaid. Tempted to ask them which effing kidney they want - right or left? I shall make the phone call later in the week, I think.

Slump on sofa.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin