Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 20,480Posts
    • 232,808Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018 7th Jan 18 at 5:04 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Check smoke alarms are fully-functional
    HHI
    Mad half hour -
    if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that!

Tuesday Twinkles Living room

Level1

Empty out any rubbish
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them - check for escaped baubles
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Challenge time for challengers!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around the house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT

Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2

Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)

Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras

If you need to keep meds upstairs (eg asthma inhalers) make sure they are in date and ready for use
    HHI - don't let it build up
    MAD half hour - use it for your challenges or sort a drawer in the bedroom

Thrilling Thursday

Hall, stairs, landing

Level one

Beat, vacuum or wash doormats
    Clean windows and mirrors
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check corners and crevices - deweb!
    Put away summer coats/anything not currently in use

Level two
    Dust, wipe or polish banisters and rails
    Clear out detritus
    Vacuum all floors or mop inc stairs
    Shift the shoe pile - put away anything not being worn

Level 3
    Wash down front door inside and out
    Dust any furniture in these rooms
    Clean light fittings inc. wiping bulbs with a damp cloth - see how much brighter they are

Extras
    Check smoke alarms; CO alarms
    HHI
    MAD half hour
    CHALLENGES - how are you doing?
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    shops selling 'spring cleaning' stuff on offer - do you need anything?

Friday Flight _ Kitchen and Dining Room

Kitchen and Dining room

Level One

Change table cloth/wipe table mats
    Polish/wipe table and chairs
    Empty bins and wash them out
    Clear sides and wipe down sides and tiles
    Clean all appliances you keep out

Level 2
    Clean cupboard fronts and wipe handles
    Wipe sockets and switches with a just-damp cloth
    Dust in dining room

Level 3

Clean and clear utility
    Clear sills and wipe
    Put out new or clean cloths and tea towels
    Mop/sweep/vacuum floor

Extras

S&S bathroom
    Update your list of herbs and spices handily stuck inside the cupboard door so you know what you!!!8217;ve got in stock somewhere. Check all are (reasonably) in date, too.
    Choose a cupboard to clear and clean
    HHI - get that mountain down
    MAD half hour
    Last edited by Valli; 11-01-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 11
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 13th Jan 18, 12:47 PM
    • 9,694 Posts
    • 122,394 Thanks
    kazwookie
    A long list made for today
    Starting with lables for ebay sales, then post office at a suitable time......
    Hoovering
    Washing
    Food buying
    this llot is now done.

Plus I have listed 'stuff'' on eby, one of which has a watcher already........hopefully that person will turn into the buyer!

Washing folded and sorted

Standing order set up to pay tax

Hugs at arms length to those felling ill or who are ill xx

Round, glad you feel safe with us, we are all here to moan at or if you want to just sit in the corner like I do some times you are more than welcome to join me.!
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -14 so far and counting!!
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 13th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 8,832 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Round, glad you feel safe with us, we are all here to moan at or if you want to just sit in the corner like I do some times you are more than welcome to join me.!
    Originally posted by kazwookie
    aww thank you kazwookie (I've gone all shy )

One bowl of pots WUDUPA; WM unloaded and washing hung on airer and radiators - no point starting the next load as I've nowhere to put it yet; one can and one box recycled.

Honey Bear I'm with you - it's a marathon not a sprint, or as you said, it's longhaul. Even if we take a tiddley tiny weeny step forward each day we will eventually reach our destination/ goal. And as a lot of us seem to be struggling at the moment I'm even more convinced that there is something malevolent out there that doesn't like to see this forward progress and will use whatever means possible to stop us. Sounds crazy maybe, but my experience has been that every time I stand up and start moving forward a curve ball knocks me flat... well, this time I'm going to crawl with the ball if that's what it takes. I am fedup with being fat and living in a hovel. Just had the awful thought that the something malevolent could actually be a form of internal sabotage... any experts on id, ego, superego etc reading?

Whatever. Can we do this? Yes, we can!

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • Valli
    • By Valli 13th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    • 20,480 Posts
    • 232,808 Thanks
    Valli
    I have opened the box of gibble and sorted. I have a bin bag in the kitchen; another in here as I have had to empty the shredder, and have fed the recycling bin too. Pile MUCH reduced; stuff filed. I have also take a book that I was given 'to sell' to CS as a quick search online revealed it's price on amazon means it's not worth it (plus it was massive) and I also decluttered a glass table dec with plastic flowers in, and random odd glasses from the cocktail cabinet, which got an unplanned clean when I opened it to put something away and realised it was in dire need. I now need to file/put away the stuff I have saved from the plie.

stopped now for lunch
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
    • Valli
    • By Valli 13th Jan 18, 1:30 PM
    • 20,480 Posts
    • 232,808 Thanks
    Valli
    you know you shouldnt use dettol if you have cats or fish as it is highly toxic to them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroxylenol
    Originally posted by pigpen
    I only use mine in the bathroom, when there is a tummy bug in residence - so very rarely. No fishies here (though I would have some, if I had a suitable position...)

Thank you Honey Bear
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 13th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 9,694 Posts
    • 122,394 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Right lunch time then time to make shepherds pie at the same time for dinner tonight, and left overs for during next week
    Sun, Sea
    • MrsChaos
    • By MrsChaos 13th Jan 18, 2:26 PM
    • 2,061 Posts
    • 41,482 Thanks
    MrsChaos
    Happy Birthday, Jojo.
    And hugs, spoons, speedy recovery vibes as appropriate, since I've only managed to skim the last couple of pages.

I thought I'd post what I've managed to do so far:
    Caught up with emails
    Dog walk
    quick shop at Mr L followed by breakfast
    decluttered LR and receipts from purse/handbag
    WM has been on continuously since this morning and towels are dry
    DW emptied and restacked, recycling out
    litter tray emptied and cleaned, new cat litter and a bit of food ordered, bath scrubbed
    quick initial research online - we need outfits for a wedding in May and DS2 would love a suit (with waistcoat)
    called at library for photocopying and dropped a couple of bags off at the charity shop
    quick lunch

Doesn't look as much written down...

Next: prep tea, write shopping list, more laundry (and put some away), bath and then tutoring at 4pm. Food shop on the way home followed by tea and then marking, I think.
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 13th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 5,343 Posts
    • 55,181 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Afternoon all

Many happy birthday wishes Jojo - hope you have a great day !

Iím in bed with Norovirus. Been vomiting for over 14 hours now. Deep joy.
    Healing vibes appreciated x
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde
    That's absolutely the pits. Soo sorry to read and definitely hope you manage to recover quickly and not share it. GWS winging across to you.

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Hair washed and dried
    Just had a lovely long bubbly bath and about to do a manicure

I have a little ironing to do and want to sort one shelf (at least) of the stock cupboard.

Laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130x61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 13th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 6,153 Posts
    • 22,628 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Geez I forgot just how energetic Flylady can be

I've done the majority of Level 1, just a few bits to do.

Washing machine X lots
    Tumble drier X lots
    Dishwasher emptied, salt & rinse aid refilled and bits put in dishwasher
    Washed up bits hanging about, dried said bits and put away
    Dried washing folded and ready to either be ironed or put away
    Food shop sorted
    DH's birthday bits done

If you've caught the lurgy, I sympathise. There's such a lot going around at the moment, we either need a really big cold snap or a heatwave to kill them....I'd like the heatwave
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £6200.00 Cap 1: £395.80 BC: £6841.81
    AFD xxx LTW 6/16
    POAMAYC 2018 #041 PD £6288.87/£7000
    Savings for Christmas £191.84/£365
    20p Savers 2018 £2 Savers 2018 50p Savers 2018 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 13th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 8,832 Thanks
    roundtuit
    I've done my Mr T shop to be delivered on Monday evening - goodbye Mother Hubbard

I've also ordered the ear filters recommended by Jojo and as I had to spend another £1 to qualify for free delivery, I've ordered 4 pillows for £20. Well, it seemed logical at the time I bought cheap pillows for DS's bed last year and got what I paid for - so I'll replace those and update the pillows (which are ancient) on my bed too. Sorted.

Coffee now. Anyone want a brew

Rxx

ETA And I've taken delivery of a glorious bunch of flowers sent by a work colleague to let me know she's there for me. Aww
    Last edited by roundtuit; 13-01-2018 at 3:17 PM.
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 13th Jan 18, 5:45 PM
    • 9,694 Posts
    • 122,394 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Dinner eaten
    DW on
    Fruit being eaten, one of five day................
    more generall sorting done
    Sun, Sea
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 13th Jan 18, 5:53 PM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 21,201 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Well I've had a super relaxing day so far. The most chilled I've been in what seems like forever. DH got my foot massager connected up and settled me down with an Earl Grey, which was lovely!

Roundtuit - we all have days where it all seems too much. I regularly strop over silly things and then, a few days later, it all seems so trivial (although at the time, it is hard to keep this in mind). Keep your chin up x

*peeps round the corner with a face mask on* ATB - you feeling any better? Vomitting bugs are awful. Sanitising get well wishes coming your way.

Did an hour of ironing this morning and two loads of washing now on the airer which will dry in seconds due to the woodburner blazing at about nine thousand degrees I'll be down to my underwear soon!

Hoping for better sleep tonight so am channelling relaxing vibes. I will radiate some to other insomnia/sleep deprived flyladies
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 13th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Canít wait for DH to go back to work. Weíve been enjoying 0730-0830 lie ins since before Christmas, but it means he comes to bed later so I actually get less sleep.

Over £200 for a scarf on e-bay Pity itís the only one I have ever been given. A few quid coming in from other stuff. Itís not going to make much, but itís clearing out some space as well.

Once Iím back into a routine this week I need to get onto the clearing up and photos for advertising. I canít pack - still no answer on the visa, and I canít arrange to go south until I know.

At least we have a date for the funeral. They should be releasing the body on Tuesday and the service will be in Edinburgh on 26th which is much easier than London.

ATB I hope you feel better soon. Itís a horrible bug.

Roundtuit I love that Ďcrawl with the ballí. I think I need to take a lesson from that. Progress not perfection.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 14th Jan 18, 7:38 AM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 20,175 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

I've slept for 15 hours straight and feel much better than I did. Just exhausted and weak. Can't work out what my tummy can tolerate so for now just sipping water. Thanks for all the good wishes.

Will hopefully report back later and catch up properly, in the meantime hugs all round xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 14th Jan 18, 8:22 AM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 52,905 Thanks
    Jazee
    ATB glad you got some decent sleep.

Yesterday I got everywhere tidy and I know what is in every cupboard in the house now. Admittedly some things should leave the house but DH said not to throw anything before first checking with him.

Today I have watered the indoor plants, fed me and the dogs and done 20 minutes on the stepper.

Next is WUDUPA, bleach sinks, hoover and clean floors, walk dogs - not necessarily in that order and later today I am going to the cinema with DD.

Have a great day everyone.
    Savings 2018: £1641.70
    • Valli
    • By Valli 14th Jan 18, 8:28 AM
    • 20,480 Posts
    • 232,808 Thanks
    Valli
    FBO excellent work on the scarf. Doubt the buyers on MSE!
    My dining room is reclaimed! The heap is gone! Sorting paperwork is A foul job...

Thank you Honey Bear
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 14th Jan 18, 8:50 AM
    • 2,437 Posts
    • 36,200 Thanks
    ionafan
    Pleased to hear that you're over the worst, atb.

FBO £200 for a scarf? Is it cloth of gold? On a different note, it's good that you have a date for the funeral, and that the family can move one small step forward x

My plan for today is:
    - church
    - finish service booklet }
    - shopping } carried over from yesterday
    - college reading }
    - dog walk
    - roast dinner

If I manage even some of that, I shall be surprised!
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 14th Jan 18, 9:25 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz

FBO £200 for a scarf? Is it cloth of gold? On a different note, it's good that you have a date for the funeral, and that the family can move one small step forward x

My plan for today is:
    - church
    - finish service booklet }
    - shopping } carried over from yesterday
    - college reading }
    - dog walk
    - roast dinner

If I manage even some of that, I shall be surprised!
    Originally posted by ionafan
    No, Hermes A Ďwhy did my mother ever think Iíd wear thisí gift from a couple of years ago. Never out of the box. My parents are lovely, but have a lot of money and no idea what my sister and I would like. Itís normally a cheque which is much more appreciated - same result in the end. Iíll book myself a course of massages.

Late this morning. I cancelled all my gym classes at 0600 and have just surfaced. Lazy Sunday I think.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 14th Jan 18, 11:44 AM
    • 9,694 Posts
    • 122,394 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Cat flap taken apart and mended with part that arrived during the week, now maybe the hall way will stay warmer without a hugh gap around the edges.

Hoovered downstairs
    Kitchen cleaned
    Sun, Sea
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 14th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    • 10,575 Posts
    • 115,806 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Apologies for couple of days' absence; been poorly and making the acquaintance of the Big White Telephone. Not norovirus, I hasten to add; just the usual bog-standard (sorry, pun not intended) lupus-induced nausea.

GWS vibes to those with nasty bugs of whatever variety; and pain-free vibes to those with hurting joints.

Good news - I have my new hearing aids. They are rechargeable ones, so no more having the battery die on me at the most inopportune moments. The downside is I can now actually hear the radio programmes Mr LW wants to listen to, which seem to mainly consist of banal and mindless blether.

WM is on; and I managed to wash and dry the bedlinen yesterday, but other than that it's really only been S&S-ing for he last couple of days.

And how is it that even with almost no food yesterday, and not much more the day before, I still don't see a reduction in the amount of lard I'm toting?

I have no less than three meet'n'greet visits to cope with in the space of a week - one was yesterday (wo rather delightful Cavapoos); I have a Shih Tzu coming to visit with her Mum tomorrow evening, and a Lurcher on Thursday afternoon. These are so nerve-wracking - but worth it if even just one of them results in a booking.

Mr LW has just finished ironing a pile of hankies.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • charlies tribe
    • By charlies tribe 14th Jan 18, 1:26 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 5,607 Thanks
    charlies tribe
    Good afternoon all.
    I have started posting here on lots of occasions but life just gets in the way. Now I seem to be in the habit of pretty regular postings on my diary and my finances are looking to be going in the right direction, it's time tip tackle this tip!

DH works nights and I work evenings so I try not to wake him through the day but my lack of cleaning/clearing/ddcluttering is definitely noticeable. To the point I don't let anyone in any more! The kitchen needs to be blitzed before they come out to fix the gas on Wednesday and I'll try to at least do level 1 (where possible!) Every day.
    Sometimes it just won't be possible to complete level 1 as it's such a tip (our bedroom is a store room for boxes, window height, with just a walk way to the bed, walking over the dog bed!

It really is that bad! and I would like to be able to invite people in next Christmas or even for the children to have friends over.

Washer load 1 in
    Dryer load 1 in
    Cup of tea being decluttered and then I'll tackle the kitchen.
    LBM in April 17 - £7593/£33554 (22.6%) paid.
    2018 PAID OFF TARGET £1969/£5000 (39.8% paid)
    Mortgage@1 June 18 = £0/£76350 Total debt=£102311
    SPC #591
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin