Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LiveOnce
    • By LiveOnce 7th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 466Posts
    • 183Thanks
    LiveOnce
    Samsung S8 or Plus: When is it best time to get a good cheapest deal?
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    Samsung S8 or Plus: When is it best time to get a good cheapest deal? 7th Jan 18 at 5:00 PM
    Hi all,

When is the best time to get a decent deal on Samsung S8 or S8 Plus in the near future?

I waited over the Boxing Day sales but not much happened in relation to these phones.

With S9 due to come out shortly, when is it likely to be a good time to buy?

I know this is speculating but maybe if someone has noticed a trend it might help me save a bit of money by waiting.
Page 1
    • cranford
    • By cranford 7th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    cranford
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    I take it you mean on contract? The S8 was 29 a month with 79.99 upfront at CPW on O2 for 3gb data in black friday week but nothing like this in the CPW sale apart from the new Google Pixel 2.
    mobiles.co.uk have the S8 on O2 for 3gb data for 27 a month and 100 upfront.
    Luckily I got the black friday deal and did a trade in to cover the up front.
    Insurance extra if you need it.
    • LiveOnce
    • By LiveOnce 7th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    LiveOnce
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    Hi cranford,

What is the total cost over the period of your contract? And how long is the contract?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 7th Jan 18, 8:31 PM
    • 27,231 Posts
    • 10,970 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:31 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:31 PM
    Best deal when its about to be replaced. Especially if they have a silly colour that didnt sell very well.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • were
    • By were 7th Jan 18, 9:25 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 374 Thanks
    were
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:25 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:25 PM
    I would use Apple as an example, as they are the newest big release. Find the old model pre X and the date X was released.

Then go to https://camelcamelcamel.com track the price of the phone prior to X and not the date X was released and look for the plummet in price?

Also just because X was released on January (it is an example date, and i have no clue when it was released) in the UK, there may be limited stock and a full release could be months away.
    • cranford
    • By cranford 7th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    cranford
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    776 over 2yrs thats about 300 for the O2 charges and 476 for the the phone On Amazon you can buy a sim free S8 for 580 or 513 depending on the source.
    If you are budget conscious look at the Blueboo S8 120 from gearbest.com. I have an earlier Bluboo from them which I used when I was hospitalized. There are a few of these S8 copies about.
    Last edited by cranford; 07-01-2018 at 9:57 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,624Posts Today

7,771Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin