Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MichJ81
    • By MichJ81 7th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    MichJ81
    When can I apply?
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    When can I apply? 7th Jan 18 at 4:13 PM
    Hi.

My husband will be moving out soon as we have split up.

Because of my low salary I believe I am entitled to get Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit. Can anyone please help me with when I can apply for these? Can I apply once he has a moving date or do I have to wait until he actually moves out? Iím just trying to minimise the gap between applying and receiving the credits.
Page 1
    • Ames
    • By Ames 7th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    • 17,292 Posts
    • 30,463 Thanks
    Ames
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    You can apply as soon as you've split up permanently and are no longer a couple. This can be before he moves out.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 7th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 2,820 Posts
    • 2,780 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    If your area is a full Universal Credit are then you won't be able to apply for tax credits. It would be UC. You can check by putting your postcode into this.
    https://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate
    • MichJ81
    • By MichJ81 8th Jan 18, 9:19 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MichJ81
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:19 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:19 AM
    Thank you. Apparently my area is going to Universal Credit in October 2018
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

53Posts Today

3,197Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin