Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CharleyWelch
    • By CharleyWelch 7th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CharleyWelch
    Claim on a multi car policy
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    Claim on a multi car policy 7th Jan 18 at 1:44 PM
    Bear with me as I find this very confusing to explain correctly however...

In June 2017 I was in an accident in which I went off the road, no other party was involved and no one was injured however we claimed on the insurance which, at the time was a multi car policy with 2 other cars. They then cancelled the insurance for the written off car and explained that I would still need to make monthly payments until the end of the insurance policy which is due to be up for renewal in February. Now when I replaced my car in July instead of taking out a whole new policy the new car was simply added to the current multi car policy. Which is fine however when it’s up for renewal I will be in the middle of my “NCB year” as only a new driver (passed Dec 2016) with a claim my insurance is currently £3800 and the difference between having a years NCB and no NCB (claim declared obviously) is nearly £800 per year.

So my question is.. when July comes is it possible for me to cancel the new policy I start in February and then start a new policy stating I have 1 Years NCB as my “1 year” would’ve been split over two different insurears?

Sorry if this is confusing and feel free to ask away if you need anymore info to help me !!!9786;!!!65039;

TIA Charley
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 2:11 PM
    • 35,867 Posts
    • 20,103 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:11 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:11 PM
    In short "no"

Insurers only issue proof of completed years NCD, and won't accept a year made up over different policies with different insurers
    • CharleyWelch
    • By CharleyWelch 7th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharleyWelch
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    Is there any way round it at all, I assume it’s kinda a 1 year or nothing in their eyes?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 3:43 PM
    • 35,867 Posts
    • 20,103 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Jan 18, 3:43 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 3:43 PM
    You can see if a local broker (not Swinton) can get you a better introductory discount than offered online with nil NCD to use - though your fault claim won't help!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,152Posts Today

8,320Users online

Martin's Twitter