Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jonnyb1978
    • By jonnyb1978 7th Jan 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1,320Posts
    • 374Thanks
    jonnyb1978
    Miss sold holiday on room type - Options?
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:58 PM
    Miss sold holiday on room type - Options? 7th Jan 18 at 12:58 PM
    Have booked a holiday for July 2018. Have not paid it all yet through First Choice online for 3 adults and one child.

We upgraded to an Ocean front room. The holiday was booked under the assumption the room would be 2 x doubles and a sofa bed. It is advertised on First Choice website as kingsize or 2 x doubles..

However for an Ocean front room in this hotel, there are no 2 x double bed rooms and every ocean front room of this type has a king size bed and sofa only.

So is this false advertising and misleading information?

I do not want to sleep with my wife and 12 year old in same bed with another adult on a sofa bed.

If I knew this I would not have upgraded or booked this room type.

Any advice great appreciated.
    Thanks
Page 2
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 9th Jan 18, 8:44 AM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 4,428 Thanks
    DoaM
    Firstchoice are saying their spec says I can request 2 x double beds. So keep asking me if I would like to request this.
    Originally posted by jonnyb1978
    By email? So this is coming from a real person and not just a system-generated message?

(The online booking process might not be smart enough to know to remove the upgrade offer if a child is in the party ... after all it is the same booking process for the 1000s of properties they offer. But once it gets to a real person then they should be able to think past what the computer says).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 9th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 19,438 Posts
    • 45,101 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Although you didn't book in a store it might be worth taking all the evidence you have that the room you have paid for doesn't exist into one so that you can show a real live person what you have found and ask them to talk to the online booking people, they might have more luck in convincing them they are wrong than you have.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,156Posts Today

8,066Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin