Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 7th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    • 1,771Posts
    • 711Thanks
    littlewren
    Food chopper recommendations for raw spinach plse
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    Food chopper recommendations for raw spinach plse 7th Jan 18 at 12:52 PM
    Hope this is in the right forum. I am looking for a kitchen gadget that will chop raw baby spinach very finely. There are lots of products out there that chop and I have one myself, but when I used mine, even though I didn't put it on for long, all I got was spinach puree!

I have a lot of raw spinach and at the moment chop it finely with a knife, which is how I prefer it but it's a bit time consuming when I have a lot to chop.

I just wondered if anyone can recommend a small machine that will do the job without turning the spinach to mush.

Many thanks in advance.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
Page 1
    • datostar
    • By datostar 9th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    datostar
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    Not taking the mickey, but could you use scissors? I do for 'chopping' fresh herbs and suchlike.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 9th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 2,000 Posts
    • 2,637 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    A Bamix with the mill attachment does the job perfectly. At £100 it!!!8217;s not a cheap bit of kit but we bought ours 21 years ago and it!!!8217;s still going strong. It does so much more than chopping spinach and is powerful enough to crush ice into slush.
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 10th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    • 1,771 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:36 PM
    Not taking the mickey, but could you use scissors? I do for 'chopping' fresh herbs and suchlike.
    Originally posted by datostar
    Actually you've got a point, I didn't even think of using scissors! I will give that a try, thank you. I bunched the spinach up to cut it with a knife but that didn't work either, all the little leaves went everywhere
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 10th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    • 1,771 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    A Bamix with the mill attachment does the job perfectly. At £100 itís not a cheap bit of kit but we bought ours 21 years ago and itís still going strong. It does so much more than chopping spinach and is powerful enough to crush ice into slush.
    Originally posted by Aylesbury Duck
    Thank you, can't stretch to that though unfortunately, but I've heard good things about the Bamix.
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 10th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 5,204 Posts
    • 7,021 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    Actually you've got a point, I didn't even think of using scissors! I will give that a try, thank you. I bunched the spinach up to cut it with a knife but that didn't work either, all the little leaves went everywhere
    Originally posted by littlewren
    Go one step further and get extreme scissors.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-Q-Security-Scissors-Shredders-Paper-Shredder-Document-Shredding-Scissors/261191024751?epid=12011029013&hash=item3cd032c06f: g:CFUAAOxygPtS7Pfe
    Don't be angry!
    • Grenage
    • By Grenage 10th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 1,459 Posts
    • 1,367 Thanks
    Grenage
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    Just bundle the spinach into a tight parcel and use a knife - takes seconds!
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 11th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 1,771 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    I've got some of those scissors funnily enough, I use them to shred personal info on letters
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 11th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 1,771 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    Just bundle the spinach into a tight parcel and use a knife - takes seconds!
    Originally posted by Grenage
    I've tried that, but because it's baby spinach and there are loads of little leaves it doesn't work - at least not with me! lol
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 11th Jan 18, 9:08 PM
    • 2,786 Posts
    • 7,441 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    I've tried that, but because it's baby spinach and there are loads of little leaves it doesn't work - at least not with me! lol
    Originally posted by littlewren
    Stack the leaves, slice the whole column, dead easy!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

503Posts Today

5,807Users online

Martin's Twitter