Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 7th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    • 1,572Posts
    • 1,265Thanks
    holidaysforme
    0 WOW
    Using BA Avios on partner airlines
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    0 WOW
    Using BA Avios on partner airlines 7th Jan 18 at 10:43 AM
    Planning a trip to Thailand june/July 2019, when my daughter finishes her A levels.looking at the taxes BA charge, I could buy a cash ticket for not
    much more!

Are there any partner airlines I could use BA Avios on to fly to Thailand., and where the taxes are lower. Don't mind if I have to start my journey from outside of the Uk. In fact, I Wouldn't mind a couple of nights in Madrid or Amsterdam, to start my holiday.

I can see a list of one world partners, but don't know how to search for award availability.

Thanks
Page 2
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 8th Jan 18, 8:44 AM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 1,265 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    Finnair have regular flights from Helsinki to Bangkok but it's a popular route due to the lower taxes compared to the UK (especially for business class fares).

I think they're the only Oneworld member apart from BA who fly direct to Thailand from Europe.
    Originally posted by dj1471
    I eventually found some for December,- so at least I know they do exist. I think it's just like you say, it' s a very popular route.
    • bspm
    • By bspm 8th Jan 18, 8:44 AM
    • 488 Posts
    • 726 Thanks
    bspm
    I only use our Avios points to fly business class at the very least, last year we paid 690 each for business class flights from UK to Miami, never seen a good deal to fly economy using points.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,061Posts Today

7,691Users online

Martin's Twitter