Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AJB0283
    • By AJB0283 7th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AJB0283
    PCN - but I had a ticket (which I believe is the white mark visible in the photo!!)
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    PCN - but I had a ticket (which I believe is the white mark visible in the photo!!) 7th Jan 18 at 8:17 AM
    I received a PCN from an IPC member

I had a valid ticket which luckily was in the car still.

The PCN issued to me has two photographs on it. One wide angle and one slightly closer.

I believe that you can see the ticket on the dashboard in the closer image although no details are visible.

Can someone please tell me if this is the correct response to appeal (having read your newbies thread):

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified.

In order to resolve the dispute, I attach a photograph of the driver!!!8217;s valid ticket for that time and day. I believe this is the white mark visible on the dashboard of the car in the second image provided on your PCN.

I now require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company and are they the landowner?
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all full resolution photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs, which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, as seems likely based on my research) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me. I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle.

I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks in advance! Happy New Year (kind of!)
    Last edited by AJB0283; 07-01-2018 at 8:34 AM.
Page 1
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 7th Jan 18, 8:26 AM
    • 575 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:26 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:26 AM
    Can someone please tell me if this is the correct response to appeal
    Yes looks like the email template for IPC members from NEWBIEs.
    Good idea of yours to include photograph of ticket.

Expect a rejection and guard that ticket with your life in case they proceed to court.

As a matter of interest had the ticket flipped over. Can you see on the photo they provided?
    • AJB0283
    • By AJB0283 7th Jan 18, 8:33 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AJB0283
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:33 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:33 AM
    No i cannot see if the ticket flipped over. - it is very small in the photo as the 'close up' shows the entire windscreen of the car and some! (pointless evidence)

I want to add (to get any more advice here) there is the slight (and I'm sure this wasn't the case) possibility that it was a different ticket on the dash (as someone whilst we were stopped and waiting for the next space gave us a ticket with 40 minutes left - which we had no intention of using thus we bought a longer ticket!)

I'm obviously not going to mention the other ticket just incase we did get them muddled and am hoping they cannot prove otherwise... the photograph they have provided shows something on the dashboard but is not of good enough quality to show the details on the ticket!!

The ticket we purchased as soon as we parked covered us at the time the PCN was issued and i am 98% sure its the one in the window. I remember saying the one the lady gave us was pointless as we needed more time.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jan 18, 9:19 AM
    • 17,986 Posts
    • 28,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:19 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:19 AM
    Sorry to bring you advice you probably didn!!!8217;t want, but there is virtually nothing you can appeal with to an IPC member, or to their second tier appeals service, the IAS, that has any any chance of success. You have to just bunker down and ride this out. Unfortunately that ride can last for 6 years, the time the PPC has to press a court claim. If they do there!!!8217;s help available here to help you fight them. The forum is extremely successful in fighting court claims.

The one way to kill it before that is by complaining to the landowner and get them to cancel it.

While it is futile, you still make the initial appeal, as should this go to court, it will show you have engaged in the process of trying to resolve this, rather than totally ignoring it. After receiving the PPC!!!8217;s response to the initial appeal, you ignore anything else - other than a formal Letter Before Action or real court papers - come back if you get either.

If you tell us the name of the PPC, we can tell you how litigious they have previously been.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • AJB0283
    • By AJB0283 7th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AJB0283
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    If you tell us the name of the PPC, we can tell you how litigious they have previously been.
    Its Napier Parking.. help?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 7,669 Posts
    • 7,377 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    See what you're up against:

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 35,856 Posts
    • 20,095 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    Originally posted by AJB0283

Currently not litigious!

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings so what the future may hold is anyone's guess
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jan 18, 11:59 PM
    • 58,391 Posts
    • 71,916 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:59 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:59 PM
    Originally posted by AJB0283
    The amusing thing about Napier is their recent decision to use BW Legal in claims, who we always beat!

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,195Posts Today

8,253Users online

Martin's Twitter