Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Karinh
    • By Karinh 7th Jan 18, 6:12 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Karinh
    Barclay Platinum Travel Card
    • 7th Jan 18, 6:12 AM
    Barclay Platinum Travel Card 7th Jan 18 at 6:12 AM
    Hi,
    I'm in the process of applying this credit card as I frequently travel abroad and finally realised that there is a way to avoid all the fees ( i have been using my debit card to withdraw cash and my Amex card for purchases).

But now I'm confused: on the MSE website it says: "There are no fees for spending or withdrawing cash abroad until 31 August 2022.

But in the terms and conditions (on the last page of the Barclay card application page) it says:
    "There's a 2.99% Non-Sterling Transaction Fee charged on transactions that aren't in sterling such as purchases made when you are overseas. And if you withdraw cash overseas you will not be charged a Cash Fee"

So there IS a fee for spending but not for withdrawing cash? Does this mean the MSE website is wrong? Am I missing or misunderstanding something?
    Thanks!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Jan 18, 7:47 AM
    • 17,214 Posts
    • 18,288 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:47 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 7:47 AM
    There's a forex fee, which applies to all transactions, but no cash fee.

But there is a promo offer of no forex until 2022.
    • Karinh
    • By Karinh 7th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Karinh
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    Thank you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,952Posts Today

8,254Users online

Martin's Twitter