Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hubb
    • By hubb 6th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    • 1,842Posts
    • 361Thanks
    hubb
    Cashback from Money supermarket Insurance quotes help
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    Cashback from Money supermarket Insurance quotes help 6th Jan 18 at 9:57 PM
    I have been quoted 148 renewal for LV= but the with the same details I am quoted 119 on moneysupermarket which seems a bit odd. Anyway, Top cashback offer 15.15 for home and contents (my current policy) but I was thinking if I went to Moneysupermarket via Topcashback, would I still earn the cashback or will this not work ? The reason I ask is some years ago I did receive cashback after going through one of the comparison sites and it tracked fine. Or I could go to LV= via Top cashback but I am not sure I would get the same rate I see via moneysupermarket.

Anyone experience success this way ?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 27,187 Posts
    • 10,954 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    Cynical me says go through TCB to get a new quote and its likely to be higher.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • LABMAN
    • By LABMAN 7th Jan 18, 1:38 AM
    • 834 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    LABMAN
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:38 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:38 AM
    I have been quoted 148 renewal for LV= but the with the same details I am quoted 119 on moneysupermarket which seems a bit odd. Anyway, Top cashback offer 15.15 for home and contents (my current policy) but I was thinking if I went to Moneysupermarket via Topcashback, would I still earn the cashback or will this not work ? The reason I ask is some years ago I did receive cashback after going through one of the comparison sites and it tracked fine. Or I could go to LV= via Top cashback but I am not sure I would get the same rate I see via moneysupermarket.

Anyone experience success this way ?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by hubb

Have you not had several 'difficulties' in the past with cashback?
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 7th Jan 18, 4:16 AM
    • 2,220 Posts
    • 1,509 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:16 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:16 AM
    If the price via TCB or Quidco ends up more you don't have to complete the purchase. Remember to clear cookies before going via TCB/Quidco.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,658Posts Today

9,394Users online

Martin's Twitter