Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • freezspirit
    • By freezspirit 6th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    • 980Posts
    • 1,229Thanks
    freezspirit
    Doorbell system for two doors
    • 6th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    Doorbell system for two doors 6th Jan 18 at 8:44 PM
    My brother is blind and would like a doorbell system that will allow 2 different audios for the front door and back door. Is there such as system?
Page 1
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 6th Jan 18, 9:15 PM
    • 3,699 Posts
    • 9,165 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:15 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:15 PM
    Assuming he already has a doorbell for his front door, what about installing a wireless one for his back door?

It would have a different bell tone to the front that way.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 6th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    • 1,340 Posts
    • 806 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    Problem with wireless doorbells is can they can be prone to going off by themselves, ie with nobody pressing the button. The causes for this are often a mystery but could be interference from anything wireless that uses the same frequency. Then of course they'll eventually ring at like 4 in the morning and you'll want to either unplug it or put it on a timer...
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 7th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    • 2,420 Posts
    • 3,704 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    My back door bell goes 'Ding' and my front door goes 'Ding Dong' and has done since the house was built in 1967.

They both use the same sounder. They are a Friedland wired system, a brand now owned by Honeywell I think.

I'd be surprised if you can't still get wired systems as well as wireless that do exactly what you want.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
    • northwalesd
    • By northwalesd 7th Jan 18, 11:53 AM
    • 285 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    northwalesd
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:53 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:53 AM
    Have a quick look at doorchimes.co.uk - something like the Friedland libra+ does exactly what you brother wants (and more). I'm sure there will be other choices.
    • Heedtheadvice
    • By Heedtheadvice 7th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 832 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    Heedtheadvice
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    Given that you need to buy a new one to get something different...

Why not just buy a second one different to the one currently fitted, that has a different 'ding' obviously, then only one extra bit of installation to do......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin