Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dolala_1
    • By Dolala_1 6th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dolala_1
    Wrong model in box
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    Wrong model in box 6th Jan 18 at 7:59 PM
    Good evening,

Just after a quick bit of advice.

Today I reserved online two Sonos One speakers from Currys, I went into store and collected both items.

When I arrived home I noticed one of the boxes had the security seal split, when I opened the box the cover over the speaker was not on correctly and had been opened before. I removed the speaker from the box and inspected it, it had fluff in the speaker mesh and the top looked different to what I expected (first time with sonos products) and the mesh was also grey not black as I was expecting. So I opened up the other box removing the seal and found what I had initially expected. I did some googling and found that the first speaker i opened is actually the model down from what I paid for (by 50) the Sonos play:1.

The shop had shut by the time I had got home so no option to return it tonight. I am concerned as the box is for a Sonos one but the product in the box wasn't a one and would like to know how best to handle the situation as when I googled it most of the responses in forums etc the person saying this had happened is accussed of swapping out the product which I certainly didn't do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 6th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 5,218 Posts
    • 5,768 Thanks
    societys child
    • 6th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    My advice would be take them back and politely explain.

Unfortunately, some consumers do actually try these "tricks" with retailers, which doesn't help.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,891Users online

Martin's Twitter