Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geek84
    • By geek84 6th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 1,040Posts
    • 106Thanks
    geek84
    Buying an Audi
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    Buying an Audi 6th Jan 18 at 4:01 PM
    A very Happy New Year to you all.

My wife and I are thinking of buying either an Audi A4 or A6 within the next 18 months. We donít use the family car too much since my wife & I use public transport to get to and from work, we would do approx. 6000 mile per year. We have 2 teenage kids and the car would be for the family.
    Apart from price and size, what other things would we need to consider whether to buy an Audi A4 or A6? What size and type of engine should we look for? How old should the car be? Is buying a car with 50k on the clock already a bit excessive?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
Page 2
    • Lucky Duck
    • By Lucky Duck 8th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Lucky Duck
    The main thing is that they have stuck to the low initial spec + extras pricing while Merc and BMW have moved on to including features, so unless you drop on run out models, it is far too easy to buy and discover it is missing a feature you value, and you'll be irritated by it forever more.
    Originally posted by IanMSpencer
    When I bought an Audi about ten years back the glove box light was an optional extra (it was part of a 'pack' and in order to get an ipod to work properly in the car required specifying the navigation system at £2k.

Fortunately things have improved in that time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

6,358Users online

Martin's Twitter