Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SuperMcat
    • By SuperMcat 6th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SuperMcat
    Best place to sell collectables
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    Best place to sell collectables 6th Jan 18 at 3:49 PM
    Hi, I am going to have a clear out and have rather a lot of Peter Fagan Colorbox Teddybears in various sizes that are just boxed up collecting dust.

Any ideas as to where the best place(s) would be to sell them as I could do with some money towards some projects rather than them taking up space

Thank you
Page 1
    • Pun
    • By Pun 6th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Pun
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    Probably worth trying Etsy, where they seem to sell for a bit more than those sold on ebay. If you've got a very large collection, a local auction room might be a better bet (saves any hassle about breakage in transit/item not as described).
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Jan 18, 4:24 PM
    • 27,204 Posts
    • 10,960 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:24 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:24 PM
    Wherever the buyers are. Ebay will get the most views but are the buyers on there willing to pay what you think they are worth?

Sold items seems to suggest about £3.50 - £6 each inc postage and packing. And you really need to pack them well.

Check ebays sold items for your particular items.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 6th Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    • 60,464 Posts
    • 43,102 Thanks
    soolin
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    Hi, I am going to have a clear out and have rather a lot of Peter Fagan Colorbox Teddybears in various sizes that are just boxed up collecting dust.

Any ideas as to where the best place(s) would be to sell them as I could do with some money towards some projects rather than them taking up space

Thank you
    Originally posted by SuperMcat
    It doesn't look like eBay is a good place for them, they don't sell even at 99p which would make you just a few pence after fees.

The problem is these sorts of collectibles had their day, and that's now gone. They tend to be auction fodder where buyers will pay a few pounds for a large box and then try and sell at a car boot sale. You might be better off just putting them up on Facebook or SHpock to see if you get any interest.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

1,483Users online

Martin's Twitter