Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rich_shot2003
    • By rich_shot2003 6th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    • 1,941Posts
    • 583Thanks
    rich_shot2003
    Claiming ESA and in support group but wife got to go to meeting advice.
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    Claiming ESA and in support group but wife got to go to meeting advice. 6th Jan 18 at 3:42 PM
    I am claiming ESA and am in the support group and my wife got a letter telling her that she has to go to see a work coach.

so does this mean that they will force her into work and what is she to expect when she goes?

she was my carer till my DLA was stopped(waiting for a appeal date for that) and even that now she does not get any carers benefits she still is my carer as i suffer from fits.

it seems that as they get go for me as i am in support group they are now going for my wife.

any advice please.
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 6th Jan 18, 4:54 PM
    • 11,563 Posts
    • 13,462 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:54 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:54 PM
    I am claiming ESA and am in the support group and my wife got a letter telling her that she has to go to see a work coach.

so does this mean that they will force her into work and what is she to expect when she goes?

she was my carer till my DLA was stopped(waiting for a appeal date for that) and even that now she does not get any carers benefits she still is my carer as i suffer from fits.

it seems that as they get go for me as i am in support group they are now going for my wife.

any advice please.
    Originally posted by rich_shot2003
    Your wife needs to attend this interview or your ESA claim may be at risk.

It is an interview to see if the partner is able to do any work at all as people's circumstances vary.

Your wife needs to explain that she is your carer and you are awaiting an appeal for PIP so that her Carer's allowance can be reinstated.

She needs to make it clear that she needs to be there for you because of your medical condition. If she cannot find someone to care for you whilst she attends the interview then she could try telephoning to see if they would defer the interview until after your appeal.

A useful link
    https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/work-focused-interviews-work-related-activity
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,910Posts Today

8,246Users online

Martin's Twitter