Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jpc1187
    • By Jpc1187 6th Jan 18, 3:29 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jpc1187
    Mortgage help?
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:29 PM
    Mortgage help? 6th Jan 18 at 3:29 PM
    Hi all I'm new to this so bare with me, I have recently applied for a mortgage with my current bank to which was accepted until I was told yesterday that I have a unpaid credit card default back from 2009 which I had totally for got about, the credit card provider was also my current bank which I applied to would this still cause me problems if I was to apply with another lender with it being nearly 10 years old?

Originally posted!by!Jpc1187
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 6th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 17,029 Posts
    • 8,917 Thanks
    ACG
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    It should be fine with other lenders. But check your credit reports first.

Also bare in mind that some banks are linked - ie RBS/Natwest, HSBC/First Direct.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Jpc1187
    • By Jpc1187 7th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jpc1187
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    Thank you for your swift reply this is just as I thought it's my stupid fault for applying to the same bank, would this now effect my chances with another lender as I have had a hard check done on my credit records from there mortgage department?
    Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,486Posts Today

8,284Users online

Martin's Twitter