Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LimoGlen
    • By LimoGlen 6th Jan 18, 12:07 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    LimoGlen
    Company shares
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:07 PM
    Company shares 6th Jan 18 at 12:07 PM
    Hi folks
    My uncle died a little while back now and he had some shares in a company. My mum has tried to look in to these but keeps getting fobbed off and now it seems that I'm being treated this way too atm.
    I'm trying to find out who I need to speak to and look at cashing in these shares (well my mum is but at 84 she's not really internet savvy).
    The shares are Lombard Medical Technologies PLC. I have spoken to Lombard Medical to which they said to speak to Computershare and try there USA based company. I have spoken to Computershare and they say speak to Capita (who the shares were bought through originally) to which I have. Computershare reckon that Capita still covered Lombard Medical but the chap at Capita said they haven't dealt with Lombard Medical since April 2014 and to go back and try them again. I am waiting on the USA side of Lombard Medical to come back to me to see if there going to try and squirm out of it too.
    So it looks like there going to try and send me around and around in circles like they did to my mum.
    Any ideas as to who I need to speak to, to get this sorted once and for all please?

Thank you for reading this and my fingers are crossed to get it resolved soon.

Glen
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 6th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    • 7,446 Posts
    • 8,027 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    According to http://investors.lombardmedical.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=253967&p=irol-irhome&ver=www "Lombard Medical's shares trade on the OTCQX Market under the symbol EVARF" and the linked investor contact page lists Computershare (USA) as the point of contact:
    Stock-transfer agent

Computershare
    480 Washington Blvd.
    Jersey City, NJ 07310
    Attn: Mr. Eliesse (Eli) Guardiola
    (201)680-2429
    That investor contact page also suggests a UK number for their CEO as somewhere to go for 'general investor queries' - seems unlikely that this would take you straight through to a CEO but no harm in trying if you're not getting anywhere:
    Kurt Lemvigh
    Chief Executive Officer
    +44 (0)1235 750 800
    • LimoGlen
    • By LimoGlen 6th Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LimoGlen
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    Thank you for that, and that UK number was the original number I called to start my findings. I will have to wait until Monday now to do anything else I suppose, but I feel that I will need to call USA and see what old flannel they will try and fob me off with.
    Back in 2014 Lombard Medical Tech PLC changed their name to Lombard Medical Tech LTD.
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 6th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 3,104 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    greenglide
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    In 2014 the ownership of Lombard Medical Technologies PLC / LTD was transferred to Lombard Medical Inc in the Cayman Islands. The shareholding should have been exchanged for holdings in the new company. That will be why the registrars for the UK company no longer act.

See the report and accounts for 31st December 2014 available from companies house here https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04636949/filing-history

You should therefore contact the US company's registrars who may well be the US operation of Computershare.

I would have thought there should have been communications over this at the time?

I can't see any holdings in this company being at all significant but you never know.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

1,898Users online

Martin's Twitter