Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Minstrelle
    • By Minstrelle 6th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Minstrelle
    Parking Fine issued on Christmas Eve
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    Parking Fine issued on Christmas Eve 6th Jan 18 at 12:00 PM
    My daughter and I parked in a car park which is partly for shoppers of a certain well known bargain store - the rest of the car park is for non-store visitors but was full. We purchased a ticket for 3 hours as we knew we would be going elsewhere. We didn't retain the receipt from the shop (paid cash) but we do have the car park ticket. However, we have received a CONTRACTUAL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE to the registered keeper which shows the vehicle entering and leaving the car park. There is no photographic evidence to say we were parked in the store car park.

I have looked on the newbies thread and got a letter ready to send but wondered if I need to add to it?

My issues are:
    1. No photographic evidence that we parked in the places allocated to store visitors
    2. It was Christmas Eve which was a Sunday. As I haven't been provided with photographic evidence of the signs, I don't even know if the rules apply on a Sunday.

Any advice would be greatly received. Should I amend the template?
Page 1
    • Joe whenjung
    • By Joe whenjung 6th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Joe whenjung
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    Firstly edit your post. Make no reference to who was driving. Refer to the DRIVER only.

"The driver parked in a car park..."
    Last edited by Joe whenjung; 06-01-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 6th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 26,118 Posts
    • 35,100 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    Just what are they "invoicing" you for?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    • 58,576 Posts
    • 72,084 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    My issues are:
    1. No photographic evidence that we parked in the places allocated to store visitors
    2. It was Christmas Eve which was a Sunday. As I haven't been provided with photographic evidence of the signs, I don't even know if the rules apply on a Sunday.

Any advice would be greatly received. Should I amend the template?
    Yes - by all means add to the template - but avoid 'I parked' (I wouldn't even write 'we parked')! I always use words like: 'no evidence that the vehicle was parked in that bay..'

But, a CONTRACTUAL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE sounds like G24 to me, and the only way to cancel their utter dross excuses for 'charges' is to complain to the Store manager(s) or Retail Park. These are cancelled all the time.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

964Posts Today

7,345Users online

Martin's Twitter