Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LuK2007
    • By LuK2007 6th Jan 18, 11:12 AM
    • 53Posts
    • 8Thanks
    LuK2007
    Got a Fine - Please Help?
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:12 AM
    Got a Fine - Please Help? 6th Jan 18 at 11:12 AM
    Morning All,

I've had the best help off of here before and can only hope others can also learn from the outcomes of some of my threads.

I have been given a parking charge by IPC? (I think? lost the original letter now as this was months ago) and they have now forwarded this onto Debt Recovery Plus Ltd who have sent me the attached.

I searched the newbies thread of this forum and sent a letter recorded delivery to them and they replied with a horrible letter that didnt reply to any of the points in the letter we sent them.

I was hoping someone could look at the attached pictures of the letter we sent them and then the letter they replied to us with.

Im not after someone spending hours just a quick glance through and some advice would really go a long way to help me. Its much appreciated. (The pics are split top half and bottom half)

Do I quit here and pay the 160.00 or carry on ignoring this?

Thanks!

There Letter

My Letter TO THE ORIGINAL LETTER - I have NOT REPLIED to debt recovery plus yet.

Sorry George something messed up. All Sorted now

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by LuK2007; 06-01-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Page 1
    • Georgesquare
    • By Georgesquare 6th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Georgesquare
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    Can't see any pics.....

And you didn't get a fine.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    • 2,996 Posts
    • 4,557 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    You did not get a PCN from the IPC, it was CPM you put that on your letter to them, and it is all over this site what to do about debt recovery letters.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 06-01-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    • LuK2007
    • By LuK2007 6th Jan 18, 11:57 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    LuK2007
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:57 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 11:57 AM
    You did not get a PCN from the IPC, it was CPM you put that on your letter to them, and it is all over this site what to do about debt recovery letters.
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    Thanks for all your help mate
    • waamo
    • By waamo 6th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    • 3,382 Posts
    • 4,497 Thanks
    waamo
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64350614&postcount=4
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    • 17,981 Posts
    • 28,462 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:57 PM
    @OP - Is this thread linked to your thread from May 2016? It!!!8217;s quite interesting that your opening post in this thread is almost verbatim that of your opening post in the 2016 thread.

Something doesn!!!8217;t quite compute to me, given that you say you aren!!!8217;t sure who you!!!8217;ve appealed to, but must have opened your old thread in order to copy the opening post.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5469105
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

771Posts Today

6,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Today's twitter poll: Should cannabis be legalised, for medical (via prescription) use, and/or adult's recreational use?

• Follow Martin