Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 5th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    • 1,776Posts
    • 1,382Thanks
    Speculator
    Problems with Royal Mail 2nd Class signed for
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    Problems with Royal Mail 2nd Class signed for 5th Jan 18 at 11:08 PM
    Sent two parcels around Xmas using Royal mail 2nd class Signed for.

1st parcel sent 13th Dec from Herts and arrived at destination (W Yorks) on 22nd Dec!

By the time it arrived, customer had gone on holiday and not back until the 8th which is near the 18th day when RM will return the parcel back to sender. Had to call RM helpline to rearrange delivery to customer.

2nd Parcel sent 30th Dec and according to tracking, it has still not arrived at destination (Dorset).

However, buyer today gave me +ve feedback indicating he's received it. I noticed he gave several feedbacks today so it's possible he gave me feedback by mistake.

Could he still claim to not have received parcel and get a refund from Paypal? It's possible the Postman delivered my shoebox sized parcel without requesting a signature which is extremely bad if he did.

I will stick with Hermes in the future. Will never use RM for ebay parcels again. So far, I have sent 98 parcels via Hermes and every parcel has reached its destination on time which is quite impressive.
Page 1
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 5th Jan 18, 11:16 PM
    • 9,376 Posts
    • 57,686 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:16 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:16 PM
    Unless the items you are posting are worth more than 20 then it may be just as easy to use normal RM postage. If the items don't arrive then you refund the buyer and put a claim into RM for the lost parcel.

It's advisable to use RM Signed For for parcels between 20-50 though.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • Speculator
    • By Speculator 5th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 1,382 Thanks
    Speculator
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    Unless the items you are posting are worth more than 20 then it may be just as easy to use normal RM postage. If the items don't arrive then you refund the buyer and put a claim into RM for the lost parcel.

It's advisable to use RM Signed For for parcels between 20-50 though.
    Originally posted by Ms Chocaholic
    It's worth 54 so went for signed for but wouldn't get that back anyway because purchase price is a lot lower. It's possible the Signed for sticker has come off the parcel during it's journey which explains why it wasn't signed for.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Jan 18, 7:35 AM
    • 12,196 Posts
    • 8,246 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:35 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:35 AM
    If the status doesn't show as delivered then the buyer can open a claim. They have 30 days after latest estimated delivery date to claim on eBay and 180 days from purchase on Paypal.

I can't remember the last time I was asked to sign for a SF parcel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,911Posts Today

8,958Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin