Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CrazyCatLady
    • By CrazyCatLady 5th Jan 18, 11:06 PM
    • 145Posts
    • 468Thanks
    CrazyCatLady
    Universal Credit - missed appointment
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:06 PM
    Universal Credit - missed appointment 5th Jan 18 at 11:06 PM
    Hi guys I'm on universal credit with limited capability for work. I was in the support group but after my WCA I was asked to meet my old work coach this morning. I believe I have been put into work related activity group.

I had every intention of going but I have had the flu and was horrified to find this morning I overslept and missed the appointment completely.

I rang universal credit straight away and informed them and they said I will need a medical certificate and my benefits could be affected.

I rang the doctors straight away but they have been utterly useless and I have to wait til they ring me on Monday.

Im quite worried as i cant afford to lose any of my benefits. was wondering if anyone else has missed an appointment in a similar way and what happened.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Hoogle
    • By Hoogle 5th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    Hoogle
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    normally if you show up the same day they will just process you when they have a min, or turn up tomorrow. A doctor will not give you a sick note for 1 day it wastes their time and they could charge you. If it is a first offence i am sure they will be ok just ring them up not your job center and explain.
    • CrazyCatLady
    • By CrazyCatLady 7th Jan 18, 12:18 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    CrazyCatLady
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:18 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:18 AM
    Thanks Hoogle x
    • clairec79
    • By clairec79 7th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 2,363 Posts
    • 6,273 Thanks
    clairec79
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/PersonalTax_iForms/1.0/SC2&template=SC2.xdp

Although this is designed for you to self cert for between 4 days and a week (presumably as it's designed for SSP which you don't get for the first 3 days)

It didn't say the medical certificate had to be signed by a doctor (and the doctor probably wouldn't do it - I know when I contacted them 5 days post surgery I was told they wouldn't do one till I'd been off for 7 days so to ring on the Wednesday to get a sick note)
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 11th Jan 18, 3:12 AM
    • 1,662 Posts
    • 789 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:12 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:12 AM
    I would assume that's right (7 days in UC) as that was allowed in JSA. Indeed 2 periods of sickness of 7 days per year were permitted.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,935Users online

Martin's Twitter