Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eightfoot2
    • By eightfoot2 5th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 3Thanks
    eightfoot2
    help needed with car insurance
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    help needed with car insurance 5th Jan 18 at 10:06 PM
    hi everyone need some help please I have searched the site but I'm still confused

quick details :- myself and wife are insured on our car together and to preserve our ncd we take turns being the policy holder as we currently have just the one car

current ins is wife policy holder myself named she has 4yrs ncb I have 16 yrs ncb (was cheaper for her go figure) both no acc or convics until last week

,now the policy runs out end jan and I will take new policy with wife as named but we have notified a claim for my accident on her policy (damage to other veh not for ours) by me but I'm confused :- for my quotes do I give notice that I have had a accident but not a claim thus my ncb unaffected (as I currently have no policy this year) wife had a claim but no accident loosing 2yrs ncb then next year she is policy holder with me named with accident and her a claim or just list my accident although we claimed on her policy giving me 17yrs ncb and her 2yrs ncb end of next year hope this make sense as I am totally confused now thanks for any replies
    Last edited by eightfoot2; 05-01-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    in for a penny
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 5th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    • 27,231 Posts
    • 10,970 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    You had an accident and a claim, just not against your policy.

On the claim you were named as the driver?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • eightfoot2
    • By eightfoot2 6th Jan 18, 9:22 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    eightfoot2
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:22 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:22 AM
    [QUOTE=forgotmyname;73670055]You had an accident and a claim, just not against your policy.

no i had accident as named driver on my wifes policy
    On the claim you were named as the driver?[/QUOTE]
    yes
    in for a penny
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,839Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin