Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Joey20
    • By Joey20 5th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Joey20
    Help connecting a tv and a soundbar
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    Help connecting a tv and a soundbar 5th Jan 18 at 7:25 PM
    I'm looking to help an elderly neighbor connect an older TV (Technika 32-56) with her soundbar (LG BB4330A). Trouble is, the TV has no ARC and the optical port on the bar is damaged. Can anybody give me advice about best to solve this? Sorry, i'm not the best with techie stuff.
Page 1
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 5th Jan 18, 7:45 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 1,632 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:45 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:45 PM
    What outputs does the tv have? does it have phono output or even a headphone socket might work with the correct lead
    • cranford
    • By cranford 5th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    cranford
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    You may have a problem doing this as the TV only appears to have a headphone socket as the audio out and the sound bar does not have one as input. If the optical port on the bar had been working it may have been possible to find a converter such as https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-mini-tos-to-digital-optical-adapter-a61xf to connect the two.
    I have used a converter the other way to connect a newer TV without headphone socket to a older soundbar with only a headphone type socket.
    • Joey20
    • By Joey20 5th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joey20
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    There are 3 HDMI-in ports, a VGA (PC) port, a VGA (PC) audio-in port, a scart port, a COAX (Audio out) port, a set of 4 component (HD) ports (with R and L for audio),
    a RF-IN port and a headphone port.
    Last edited by Joey20; 05-01-2018 at 9:49 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,709Users online

Martin's Twitter