Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Neo187
    • By Neo187 5th Jan 18, 5:38 PM
    • 259Posts
    • 7,957Thanks
    Neo187
    Final bill advice needed from Eon.
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:38 PM
    Final bill advice needed from Eon. 5th Jan 18 at 5:38 PM
    Hi all, wanted some advice from you please! I lived in a property and in my final 2 years there, I was with Eon. I had a smart meter fitted roughly 6 months before moving out, and loved it as I managed to see my bills reduce and I was only paying for what I used.

I moved out in early November 2017, and notified them of the move date weeks before. I submitted my meter readings on the day, and received a small final bill.

However, today Iíve just received another final bill from them for £130! I was obviously annoyed and presumed this is for the electric since I moved out. I rang the customer service, and after being on hold for almost 15 minutes whilst they investigated, the man said this is a catch up bill to make up for some months previously when they were estimated prior to the smart meter fitting. I obviously got annoyed and said why on earth was this not built into my bill when I changed over to smart meter? I donít understand how earth theyíve worked this out and why I should pay this, when my account is closed. How can they suddenly just demand more money? It doesnít make sense to me and the guy on the phone didnít help at all and couldnít explain how the bill had been worked out. Iíll write to their complaints department now, but just wondered what advice anyone could give me? I would obviously rather have the £130 than pay for something I donít see fair that I should be charged for.

Thanks
    Started comping: September 2013
    Wins so far: Cunard QM2 Cruise, X Factor final tickets, £1,000 Team build day, Dinner at the Ritz with Rolls Royce limo

Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 5th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    • 3,503 Posts
    • 2,170 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    did you check your bills and meter readings when you had your meter changed to ensure that they were all up to date and that there were no estimates left uncorrected.

Have you still got your old bills so you can check the bill/statement for when the meter was swapped.

Energy companies (and anyone else for that matter) can go back up to six years to correct any bills or statements so it's worthwhile saving copies of them either as printouts or as PDF files so you've got your own records.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,161Posts Today

7,467Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin