Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • strarquest
    • By strarquest 5th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    strarquest
    Student Loan pre and post 1998
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    Student Loan pre and post 1998 5th Jan 18 at 4:58 PM
    Hi; first post from a Newbie so apologies if incorrect. My daughter started Uni in 1995 with normal student loans. She completed in 1999. Question is whether she is under the pre 1998 rules for the first three years, then post 1998 for the last. Is it one continuous contract or separate contracts each student year? It makes a difference with regard to paying.
    Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks
Page 1
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 5th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 1,164 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    Hi; first post from a Newbie so apologies if incorrect. My daughter started Uni in 1995 with normal student loans. She completed in 1999. Question is whether she is under the pre 1998 rules for the first three years, then post 1998 for the last. Is it one continuous contract or separate contracts each student year? It makes a difference with regard to paying.
    Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks
    Originally posted by strarquest
    If all loans were for the same course then they're all "mortgage style" loans (pre-98). These loans are all owned by private firms (previously SLC) after Government sold them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,672Posts Today

8,011Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This week's MSE emails out inc Why I'm suing Facebook, TSB help, Big energy switch ends, free eye test, cheap Easy? https://t.co/cHaLs25dUD

• It's an ad. I don't do ads. Its not legit. No ads with me in are legit. That is another scam. https://t.co/uEgbuhJzxy

• RT @Ofcom: Can you tell the difference between an official website and a third-party call connection service site from search results? @PSA?

• Follow Martin