Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kokolot
    • By Kokolot 5th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Kokolot
    MYPROTEIN website: Why do they have 'sales' on all the time?
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    MYPROTEIN website: Why do they have 'sales' on all the time? 5th Jan 18 at 2:39 PM
    They seem to have an odd business practise where their website constantly seems to have 'sale's on with discount codes.

The exact same product can be £30 one week and £40 next week even after applying discount codes.

It makes them seem like they are trying to con customers out by making them over pay and bamboozling them with discount codes.
Page 1
    • Katapolt
    • By Katapolt 8th Jan 18, 9:42 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    Katapolt
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:42 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:42 AM
    yup, pretty much. Try Bulkpowders, i use them and always found them to be better
    • SuperPikachu
    • By SuperPikachu 9th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    SuperPikachu
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    Probably doing the same business plan that Sports Direct use.
    "Wild Pikachu appeared!"
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 7th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    Lots of companies do this, the product might be good, but it lowers my estimation of them. Even respected shops such as Waitrose have iffy practices e.g. selling wines supposedly at discount on dubious grounds.
    • ianh1956
    • By ianh1956 11th May 18, 11:36 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    ianh1956
    • 11th May 18, 11:36 AM
    • 11th May 18, 11:36 AM
    I am constantly getting emails from them! More sales than DFS!
    • natbags
    • By natbags 12th May 18, 1:03 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    natbags
    • 12th May 18, 1:03 PM
    • 12th May 18, 1:03 PM
    I can highly recommend the protein works
    • Frugal Financial Freedom
    • By Frugal Financial Freedom 30th May 18, 2:12 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Frugal Financial Freedom
    • 30th May 18, 2:12 PM
    • 30th May 18, 2:12 PM
    Probably doing the same business plan that Sports Direct use.
    Originally posted by SuperPikachu
    nailed it!
    • Wurst
    • By Wurst 8th Jun 18, 8:30 AM
    • 210 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    Wurst
    • 8th Jun 18, 8:30 AM
    • 8th Jun 18, 8:30 AM
    +1 for Bulkpowders. But I think they all use the same business model of rotating offers and discounts, just like supermarkets. You just have to keep watching for the products you're interested in and wait for them to go on offer.
    • Timberflake1983
    • By Timberflake1983 5th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Timberflake1983
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    It's their business model to make you feel as though you're getting a good deal.

If you're unlucky enough to pay full price its not worth it, but when you do get discount the price vs. quality isn't too bad. I'd put MP in the average category quality wise and I do use them for certain things, for example Creapure is the same regardless of where you buy it.

If you want quality I'd suggest Genetic Supplements or Awesome Supplements but it'll hit your wallet more.
    • EveryWhere
    • By EveryWhere 5th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 949 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    EveryWhere
    Some people complain about anything. I agree with Wurst. No big issue.
    Buy from them if you are happy with the quality and the price is right. Sale or no sale.
    • Ljno
    • By Ljno 17th Jul 18, 3:28 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ljno
    i use Bulkpowders
    • CarolynRach
    • By CarolynRach 29th Aug 18, 10:25 AM
    • 146 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    CarolynRach
    I recently bought some chocolate protein powder from myprotein because it was in the "sale" - I am so disappointed. It is not as nice as my usual stuff. I won't be buying from them again.

I also found their buying process difficult. There was a problem with my order and they told me to login and change it but when I logged in, I couldn't actually change it and had to contact customer services.
    • Maxson
    • By Maxson 2nd Sep 18, 7:53 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Maxson
    I use myprotein and the products are good but I do find the changing discount codes a pain. I prefer clear, good pricing all the time. You can also get cashback on quidco if you do use them. quidco.com/myprotein
    • JC_Derby
    • By JC_Derby 23rd Sep 18, 11:16 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    JC_Derby
    I use myprotein and the products are good but I do find the changing discount codes a pain. I prefer clear, good pricing all the time. You can also get cashback on quidco if you do use them. quidco.com/myprotein
    Originally posted by Maxson
    Only if you arenít using a discount code on the site.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

225Posts Today

1,987Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin