Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AmyAlex
    • By AmyAlex 5th Jan 18, 1:23 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AmyAlex
    Hot water not hot out of mixers to bath
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:23 PM
    Hot water not hot out of mixers to bath 5th Jan 18 at 1:23 PM
    Hello

I have recently had my flat renovated and have had a new shower with mixer taps put in.

The water from the kitchen tap is really hot however the water to the bath and shower is warm but not as hot as i would like,

The combi boiler is 3 years old so no issues with that.

I have been told that a. mixers do ensure that no really hot water comes out the taps but it should definately be hotter than it is (i have used them before and this is the case)

I have also been told that the boiler is in affect to powerful for what is needed in the flat and this can be the outcome as the mixers decrease the sort of power from the boiler therefore cooling the water.

There must be a way to get the water hotter. We have tried turning the hot water dial on the boiler from max down a little as was told this could work , but unfortuately not.

Does anyone have any advice, so i can have a hot bath and shower!

Thank you
Page 1
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 5th Jan 18, 1:32 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 1,135 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:32 PM
    You should probably post this in the 'In my home' thread, as it has absolutely nothing to do with buying and selling property.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 5th Jan 18, 1:32 PM
    • 5,224 Posts
    • 5,773 Thanks
    societys child
    What happens if you reduce the flow from the bath tap slightly?

• G_M
    • By G_M 5th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 44,482 Posts
    • 52,823 Thanks
    G_M
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    You should probably post this in the 'In my home' thread, as it has absolutely nothing to do with buying and selling property.
    Originally posted by Slithery
    Indeed.

Or try

https://www.diynot.com/diy/forums/plumbing/

Lots of plumbers over there.
    • Lunchbox
    • By Lunchbox 5th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    Lunchbox
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    Have they installed a safety mixing valve under the bath? We moved into a new build which has one as a requirement under building regs and our bath hot tap is much cooler than the others. We managed to get the tamper Ďproofí cap off the valve but itís stuck fast and canít be adjusted, so we need to get someone out to look at it.

It may be that youíve had one installed that hasnít been adjusted correctly, or that the safety set temp (48 degrees C) isnít quite as hot as youíd like it. There isnít a legal requirement to install these in refurbs, only new builds, but thought itís just worth checking.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,069Posts Today

5,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin