Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mummysaver38
    • By mummysaver38 5th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    • 90Posts
    • 553Thanks
    mummysaver38
    NPB thoughts please
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    NPB thoughts please 5th Jan 18 at 1:07 PM
    I have bought and sold for a while on ebay now but not had any issues before so would be grateful for others' opinions.
    I sold an item a few days before Christmas. The buyer did not pay. I left it over Christmas and New Year in case the buyer was away and sent another invoice a few days ago. This was not responded to so today I opened a NPB case.
    I have just received an email apologising but saying that they are unable to buy at the moment. Looking at their account, as a buyer they appear to be normally a prompt payer but have just received a negative as a seller for what appears to be cancelling a sale as the price achieved was too low.
    What happens now? Should I let the unpaid assistant time out or do something else? I don't want to be out of pocket re fees etc?
    Thanks.
    Their=belonging to them, There=over there
    Your=belonging to you, You're=short for you are
    The Grammar Fairy
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 5th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 60,458 Posts
    • 43,098 Thanks
    soolin
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    You need to wait the full 4 days from the day the case was opened and then close the NPB using the 'I have not received payment' option.

Why buyers think it is acceptable to just ignore a seller I don't know and you've been much more patient than most sellers would have been. If you just cancel the case now you will lose your FVFs.

Personally I wouldn't bother responding to the buyer again.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 5th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 12,196 Posts
    • 8,245 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    As above and to add, if you cancel the case, your buyer can leave you feedback. If you proceed with the NPB the buyer gets a strike and they can't leave you feedback.
    • Lisbon
    • By Lisbon 5th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    Lisbon
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    Just to add to the above, don't forget to block the buyer in question to stop them repeating this little episode.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

581Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter